Ivan Rakitić

Sorin

Yeah but for how much would we sell? I doubt we'l let him go for less than 40 mil.

Mate, take 30m and run. The guy is 31 and has a wage in the range of 6-8m net a year. Ain't nobody paying 40m for him and even 30m is a stretch.

Clearing that salary off our wage bill is more important than a big transfer fee.

EdmondDantes

[tw]1154023629493035010[/tw]

COPE reporting the club considers Rakitic TRANSFERABLE.

That's been the case since at least January.

The only difference I've noted is that, this summer, Valverde is now OK with the sale - both Diario Sport and MD even reported this awhile back.

Couple that with the clear overbooking we have in midfield, it wouldn't surprise me to see him gone this window.

Zidane82

That's been the case since at least January.

The only difference I've noted is that, this summer, Valverde is now OK with the sale - both Diario Sport and MD even reported this awhile back.

Couple that with the clear overbooking we have in midfield, it wouldn't surprise me to see him gone this window.

I’m convinced that playing alongside FDJ will most certainly show up all of Rakitic’s deficiencies and I’m hoping Rakitic won’t want that and agree to a move out ..

Calidad

Mate, take 30m and run. The guy is 31 and has a wage in the range of 6-8m net a year. Ain't nobody paying 40m for him and even 30m is a stretch.

Clearing that salary off our wage bill is more important than a big transfer fee.

I agree. 30m would be a good return.

I can’t see any clubs linked with him though?

xXKonan

A snippet from MD's front cover talks about an overbooking of Midfielders.

With Valverde talking about making Roberto into a Midfielder again, there's a chance Rakitic could very well be sold this summer. Starting to sound like Roberto will be the new Rakitic of this team while the original one gets sold along with Rafinha.

gregorrin10

With Valverde talking about making Roberto into a Midfielder again, there's a chance Rakitic could very well be sold this summer. Starting to sound like Roberto will be the new Rakitic of this team while the original one gets sold along with Rafinha.

Honestly I'd take it. At least Roberto makes those surging forward runs frequently while all Rakitic offers is back passing and zero awareness of what's going on around him. I have absolutely no problem with Roberto having a starting spot (not an indisputable one of course, hopefully), I never did, as long as he plays in his rightful position of course! Not to mention with him being able to play CDM and still cover for RB in case of injuries, there would be a lot more chances to see Arthur, De Jong and Alena regularly.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Honestly I'd take it. At least Roberto makes those surging forward runs frequently while all Rakitic offers is back passing and zero awareness of what's going on around him. I have absolutely no problem with Roberto having a starting spot (not an indisputable one of course, hopefully), I never did, as long as he plays in his rightful position of course! Not to mention with him being able to play CDM and still cover for RB in case of injuries, there would be a lot more chances to see Arthur, De Jong and Alena regularly.
If we are going to play Roberto as a CM, he needs to have at least two Midfielders who are strong on the ball.

Having him try and be a ball distributor as a CM is a poor idea as he has shown in the past.

FCB1987

Banned

Should be Busquets going

xXKonan

Should be Busquets going
There would be a shit load of backlash if Busi got sold ahead of the likes of Rakitic.

Dude is crap now but he's basically untouchable due to his status, coming through the B team and establishing himself as a Barca Legend. The biggest mistake we made is giving him two long term contract renewals within a space of a year.

We did the same thing with Alba, once his pace/athleticism goes, it will get ugly and he's on a long term deal. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans