Ivan Rakitić

Kohe321

Umtiti, Semedo, Dembele and Alba right now:

30o350.jpg

Potroh

The #1 factor has to be the caliber of the manager in managing emotion (energy and focus) as well as tactical adaptation and preparation.

Obviously I do agree, but not with the order.
Tactical adaptation and preparation come first, energy and focus only after that

I am more comfortable with Lenglet moving forward than Umtiti because the the latter's injury situation, is a big older, I think plays a bit more careless, and finally don't think he handled himself well last year with negotiations during a title chase. But I'll agree to disagree about Umtiti vs Lenglet.

So we tend to differ on Umtiti and Lenglet.
Frankly I don't care about any player's push for higher wages or contract renewal. I still have the strong feeling that it's not our business. Players are professionals backed by quite money-hungry agents, and as far as financial matters go, it is not the most complicated venture to misguide a 22-30 yrs old, mostly weakly educated young boy, specially if other renewals happen in the team like a landslide.

Umtiti is good with risky passes forward, which don't always work of course, but he tries them at least. Lenglet is more careful, more of the "Valverde type", but he may improve. I'm not sure as yet.
Nevertheless by watching how easily Salah could fool Lenglet each and every time during the 1st leg, I have the hypothetical impression that it wouldn't have been so easy if the best Umtiti were there.
Lenglet is slow and he will not improve in that regard ever.

Furthermore Umtiti is an exceptional header, though almost as slow as Lenglet is, so a selection is not easy between the two.
Still I have the feeling that Umtiti's potential sale is perhaps not the best idea and more importantly it's not the most urgent change that needs to be accomplished.

Arizona Scott

Still I have the feeling that Umtiti's potential sale is perhaps not the best idea and more importantly it's not the most urgent change that needs to be accomplished.

Oh I agree the matter of Umtiti is not urgent. But I see the opp if you let him do we can get De Ligt in, and at 19 and how he has played this year seems too much long term upside.

There are far bigger matters, namely a better more tuned in coach, and another forward who has good enough technique for Barca, is pacy or physical (ideally a bit of both), and a killer in front of the net.

Havesaks

Well - it he had said, he doesnt want a woman to see him showering naked in the dressingroom, it wouldnt have been discrimoinating for obvious reason. And thats probably what he ment, he doesnt want a person who may have sexual and / or romantic feelings for him to see him naked. And thats a fair opinion i think. And Rakitic doesnt seem like a person who judges people on their appereances or sexual orientation. At least thats not The impression I had og him.

But the way he formulated it, is beyond stupid. Shouldnt say anything if you cant say it right - especially as a 'famous' person.

All that IF the quote isnt made up.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Well - it he had said, he doesnt want a woman to see him showering naked in the dressingroom, it wouldnt have been discrimoinating for obvious reason. And thats probably what he ment, he doesnt want a person who may have sexual and / or romantic feelings for him to see him naked.

This is legit the most retarded post I have read this last month.

Givenchy

umtiti, dembele, semedo and todibo have got to be fuming.

dont care how many years old that quote is, once this goes viral the negative pr hit the club will take if they keep rakitic past this season will be irrecoverable

get rid of him and coutinho and dont look back

he meant he doesn't want gays in his life i think, not black people.. atleast thats what i thought.

with the amount of SJW's on twitter though, even back in 2012.. what an idiot

Zidane82

The plot thickens (or does it ?)

This is ‘supposedly’ Rakitic’s response .. copy and pasted ;)

Rakitic (about his homophobic comments): "It was a misunderstanding. I don't mind sharing a locker room with anyone who is a good person."

Dado

Rakitic is not interested in a move to anywhere but back to Sevilla. So its either keep him or buy out the rest of his contract and make him a free agent.

Dado

The plot thickens (or does it ?)

This is ‘supposedly’ Rakitic’s response .. copy and pasted ;)

Rakitic (about his homophobic comments): "It was a misunderstanding. I don't mind sharing a locker room with anyone who is a good person."

Rakitic: “I respect Gays but I don’t want these people in the dressing room. I respect them as much as I respect dwarves, blacks or obese people, but I prefer not to have any in my life”

What about elves and eunichs? Why did he not mention them? :lol:

MTL_Barca

Only man having sexual thoughts about Rakitic in Barcelona is Valverde :valverde2:

Obviously that was a very dumb thing to say, but also don't like the "let's dig out some super old quotes to shit on this guy" trend. I mean his own fault that it's out there but the intention is clearly just to make him look bad now and not actually about what he said.

Havesaks

This is legit the most retarded post I have read this last month.

and why is that? Some people value their privacy for the opposite sex? There is a reason that you in probably every country have different showers? Or what in my post are you opposed to? Easy to just call a post retarded with no furhter explanation.

Home of Barca Fans