Ivan Rakitić

Neymessi

He has been the best example of how we have been okay with a lot of mediocre signings lately. He was mediocre even when he was bought and the first season while good wasn't as good as people keep saying. After that he has been pretty shit even for a midtable team.

How he is a consistent starter season after season is beyond me.

D10S_JC

I find it astonishing that PSG wanted to pay 90 million for him, and even more astonishing that we were going to refuse it. A bit like the Willian episode, you didn't know which club was dumber.
He literally played quite well in World Cup. Many fans said Barca didn't use him properly.

Neymessi

I find it astonishing that PSG wanted to pay 90 million for him, and even more astonishing that we were going to refuse it. A bit like the Willian episode, you didn't know which club was dumber.

Holy shit when did this happen? And we refused? Fucking hell.

This is NOT Rakitic's worst game.

This is his NORMAL game which looks OK when Barca is in front on the score board and in full control.

So much this

ronniecro

Vidal despite being a year older and coming off a knee injury offers so much more than Rakitic does.

The energy and drive alone make Rakitic look like a schoolboy. He's certainly good enough to bench Rakitic if Valverde had any balls on him.

well rakitić was most used player last season WC where he played full match plus extra time 3 games in a row,had no rest and now is being used in every match again...he played like shit don't get me wrong,but he's washed up,no wonder vidal offers more coming from one club league and free summer.i'd bench him for couple of weeks and give him cameos in 2nd halfs

BBZ8800

well rakitić was most used player last season WC where he played full match plus extra time 3 games in a row,had no rest and now is being used in every match again...he played like shit don't get me wrong,but he's washed up,no wonder vidal offers more coming from one club league and free summer.i'd bench him for couple of weeks and give him cameos in 2nd halfs

Modric, who played less than him last year said a few days ago that he is struggling currently and that he is totally physically and mentally drained.

Rakitic was most used player of Barca for 4 years.
He played 70 matches last season, World cup, extra times, had 2-3 weeks of rest and now is again used in almost every game Sunday-Wednesday.

Even fully rested Rakitic struggles with passes in our team.
Totally tired and drained Rakitic, well, he will play way worse than a normal Rakitic.

He needs rest. Both physically and mentally.
For a longer period.
But that won't happen.
Maybe he'll recharge mental batteries during our loses in upcoming weeks.
But he surely won't recover physically.

vlad

This

Same as modric at real

They are exhausted. But if really there was offer from PSG, board needed to do right move, sell him.

But what is interesting with rakitic, he had a great WC, he was a constant threat, with long balls and shooting outside the box, at barca he doesnt have that opportunity, he has to cover alot of space due to static barca attack, he hets tired easily, every match he is in first 11, now after such WC, he is dead

BBZ8800

But what is interesting with rakitic, he had a great WC, he was a constant threat, with long balls and shooting outside the box, at barca he doesnt have that opportunity, he has to cover alot of space due to static barca attack, he hets tired easily, every match he is in first 11, now after such WC, he is dead

At Croatia: Rebic, Mandzukic, Perisic - Rakitic, Modric, Brozovic were all covering.
So Rakitic needed to defend less and wasn't dead after 70 minutes. He was able to play for 120 minutes often.

At Barca: Messi, Dembele, Suarez, Coutinho don't defend too much.
Busquets and Rakitic need to cover for 4 players.
He plays every match and is dead tired after 70 minutes and horrible in passing.

I have said a lot of times, when Rakitic won't play, it will be interesting to see who will take that burden of babysitting for 4 attacking players.
Vidal is 30+.
Arthur is tired after 30 minutes.
Alena, Rafinha and other guys are not defenders.

Sounds like a well balanced team with an optimistic future :troll:
* I am not saying that we shouldn't bench Rakitic.
I am saying that we should take more care about defending, running and similar.
Liverpool, Pep's team and similar= everyone is defending (even attackers).
At Barca, players are aged 30+.
They are old and slow, can't run too much and are usually meh in defending.

xXKonan

DoWGIG7XUAAWSom.jpg

Still can't believe he didn't pass to Suarez here.

We got a gift and he bottled it.

raedkuwait

DoWGIG7XUAAWSom.jpg

Still can't believe he didn't pass to Suarez here.

We got a gift and he bottled it.

ya i remember that, he is just so fucking slow in all department even his thinking is sooooooo damn slow, i have no clue
why he keep starting for us, every fucking bad players in barca is being rewarded a starting time for playing like shit

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Once again made a comment at Bartomeu asking for him to call him although then said if he doesn't then it'll be fine too.

Subtle way of putting pressure on our dumbass President for a new contract.

xXKonan

Once again made a comment at Bartomeu asking for him to call him although then said if he doesn't then it'll be fine too.

Subtle way of putting pressure on our dumbass President for a new contract.
If this guy wanted a new contract he should have waited before signing one not too long ago.

Right now there's no reason for Barto to give him one since his deal ends in 2021.

Home of Barca Fans