Ivan Rakitić

Zincubus

Banned
and who would you bring?

Well there's no need to buy someone to replace Rakitic as we we don't lose anything when he goes .

S Roberto is more than adequate to take his starting place though.

If I could have a couple of dream signings to secure our future it would be Dybala and MBappe

JamDav1982

Players who we could sign that could do the same job as Rakitic:

Jorginho, Torreira, Trigueros, Fabian Ruiz, even Goretzka (if possible). And the board is after Arthur too

That just reads as a list of current favourite names being banded about.

I doubt most people had ever noticed Fabian Ruiz before and now a couple days after his name pops up folk rate him.

M

MessiCam

Where's that kid who calls Rakitic garbage.

You’re the one behaving like a kid with your continued reference to it. Grow up! I don’t like Rakitic. Never have and never will.

He had an excellent game though.

dakt

Tbh, I was also bashing Rakitic at times, but even though he's doing really good now, I don't think he's the type of player that will make the difference when train goes downhill. As I stated many times before, he dominates, only when Barca dominates.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize his best matches were against toughest opponents? Always turns up in Clasicos. His biggest problem was always motivation. In this, basically, double pivot midfield he is (when on form) one of the best for us and you'd be hard pressed to find and sign a player of similar qualities.

JamDav1982

You do realize his best matches were against toughest opponents? Always turns up in Clasicos. His biggest problem was always motivation. In this, basically, double pivot midfield he is (when on form) one of the best for us and you'd be hard pressed to find and sign a player of similar qualities.

I dont think he is great in tighter areas but playing deeper and facing game more with multiple options suit him.

The way he has played the past month maybe two months is best have seen him. He was really poor last season in my opinion. Although a lot of players have improved this year.

dakt

Could be. I joined once on the Raki hype train, then he fell to shit level for quite long time. He's back, but I'll prolong my hopes for CL knockouts.

Saladin

This. Rakitic should have earned more goodwill by now, he was great in our Treble season where he scored in the final, scored a beauty at the Bernabeu last season and was instrumental in the first goal this season; he shows up at big games, is a highly intelligent player and when his confidence is running high, he is one of the best midfielders in the world. What he does, seems 'boring' at times, he is not a flashy player, but to say that Rakitic dominates, when Barca dominates begs to ask the question: What if Barca dominates, when Rakitic dominates? Doubtful to assume that he is one of Valverde's most used players by chance, in a season where we have lost 0 games (not counting the Supercopas)

Ivan is world class at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans