Ilaix Moriba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's before covid. He's making these demands in a time when teams' budgets have been crippled.

Not my point though.

I do agree with the club's stance and wouldn't lose sleep over him getting sold. I don't think he's a Pogba tier talent. He can be a very good player, but not the type of player we'll really regret selling if he doesn't want to lower his demands.

Just saying that these youth players being paid a lot of money now is due to how the money in football in general have exploded to new levels since the early 2000s and 1990s.

cro-man

Laporta: "Ilaix? I ask him to reconsider and come to an agreement. I do not, by any means, understand why he doesn't recognise what we have done for him. Whoever wants to leave is free to do so. With certain conditions, of course."

Laporta: "We will try not to let Ilaix's case happen again. A player who has one year left on his contract and does not want to renew with the club's conditions is a situation we do not accept. We must act to send a message."

Let this clown rot in the stands. I would not even consider to renew him after this.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

So he’s gone. I hope this isn’t a Pogba/Man U situation where be becomes a good player and we want him back for an outrageous fee 3 years from now.

khaled_a_d

So he?s gone. I hope this isn?t a Pogba/Man U situation where be becomes a good player and we want him back for an outrageous fee 3 years from now.

Pogba asked for a chance and SAF refused to play him iirc, we are actually asking Moriba to continue playing by staying here.

Doubt he will ever come back, unlike Pique/Cesc/Eric/Alba he leaves after being a 1st team player who is refusing to renew.
If anything, it won't happen during Laporta's tenure

pregra

Vamos Laporta. Ilaix can feck off. Disgusting attitude and an average baller. No loss at all, even long term.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His time at Bar?a is over, there will be no further negotiations much less future return irrespective of how he develops

Not blaugrana, good riddance

Bobo32

So he’s gone. I hope this isn’t a Pogba/Man U situation where be becomes a good player and we want him back for an outrageous fee 3 years from now.

I thought this would maybe be the case half a year ago, but after watching him a bit more I have a hard time seeing him succeed like that elsewhere.
I saw after half a game that he didn't have what it takes to succeed in Barcelona though, and I would never be fooled by him going to for example Juventus and playing well in their system.

FC433

We rarely agree on something. Should get Ramos' treatment as in withdrawing the offer if and when he accepts it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He's not a Pogba level talent.

Won't be surprised if he develops into quite a good player elsewhere, but Pogba at his best which he doesn't show consistently enough is an elite midfielder and one of the best players in his position.

Home of Barca Fans