Ilaix Moriba

khaled_a_d

if hes not starting granada at home then when?

Next season.

its granada at home--a team that, before tonight, had NEVER earned even a single point at the camp nou

Granada are fighting for EL spot, while also giving us trouble in CDR.
I don't get why people expected it to be an easy game, for me this was always the 2nd most difficult game remaining out of last 6, after AM obviously.

Porque

I think the game was fine to start Ilaix. Pedri needed rest and Ilaix has been our most played alternative midfielder over the past month. And has played well.

Who else would you play? Puig? Pjanic? Roberto?

The problem wasn't Ilaix against Granada, even if he had an average/poor game. It was the whole team. The team Lacked intensity, individuals had no impetus to do anything but try and find Messi, and the defence cost us two goals on two attempts.

But he was fine for the majority of the match and got lost when Granada scored as the whole team got lost. Koeman got lost and got himself sent off.

Was lower than my expectation but no point to single out. He will come again the wiser.

A last point that Ilaix might have been fasting which would have affected his energy output. If he is/was then better wait until a 9pm game where he can hydrate just before kick-off or half-time. That's on the management to know.

Last edited:

vegitot

Koeman wanted to rest Pedri and probably too confident in this match. Ilaix is not prepared for this kind of must win game. Even Granada doesn't do anything, he is already poor before they score.

Windhook

Last weekend the overwhelming opinion in this forum was Pedri needs a rest and Ilaix should play instead of him. Our wish was granted and it backfired. Ilaix was nervous and drifted at times far on the left wing for a Pedri role, not sure if it was Koeman instruction.

gasgas

Last weekend the overwhelming opinion in this forum was Pedri needs a rest and Ilaix should play instead of him. Our wish was granted and it backfired. Ilaix was nervous and drifted at times far on the left wing for a Pedri role, not sure if it was Koeman instruction.

You want to rest pedri, you play puig, a similar player.
Ilaix is totally different

Bobo32

I don't think Pedri would improve the team a lot had he started.

It was very much a fluke loss, where the team showed its weak mentality after the equalizer though. But Barcelona should win that game 95/100 times with these players and the way the game was played. Other games before were more uncertain, and I have only waited for the inevitable loss, I do not think the 2021 form has been as good as the results would have you believe.

Regarding Ilaix it is not such a big thing to have a mediocre game, but it's another game where I get more certain about my initial picture of him - not something for the Barcelona midfield in the future.

clemente

And now everyone is turning on him :lol: where are all the "he can do everything Pedri does but also press" comments

Altomonte

Moriba was not the main problem - both goals came on our right side - Roberto and Piqu? did not defend well and MAtS should at least have done better with first goal.

Porque

He was decent/good up until the Granada match. When you see the performances of the seniors, maybe the teams mentality is infectious, who knows.

Poor these last two games.

Puig isn't the solution to everything, but it is a shame he was alienated simply because we could have had more midfield options and profiles if Koeman had wished. Instead he has done a Valverde and narrowed down his squad to the favourite 12/13 outfield players and sacrificed the rest.

cro-man

Trying to figure out what this kid is bringing up to the table. I dont see anything if you ask me. he seems very lost with no plan except playing it safe and when it matters there is no decision making. There are worlds between pedri and him and even pedri is still raw.

Home of Barca Fans