If we could only win one: La Liga or Champions League?

If we could only have one: La Liga or Champions League?

• Liga

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Champions

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters

Leo10

I'm not referring to this season because the liga is in our pocket and we are aiming for both.

Lets say a new season starts and we can only win one trophy, which one will you chose and why?

Losing the league to our archrival Moudrid or losing the UCL to a park-the-bus premier league team.

both.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pic. If I had to choose I'd have Bojan back :)

Voted CL, although I imagine results would be different if Madrid were closer in La Liga as this way it already feels like it's won.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He meant next season... I can't choose tbh. I'd rather win the league if it meant Madrid won nothing than win the CL w/ Madrid only winning the league.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
For the first time I have voted for the CL. Normally it would be La Liga everytime but as Moudrid are so obsessed with winnng La Decima, I would love to win one more to bring us up to 5. Although we would be a fair way back, it would make them sweat and we could truely say that we have won more CL's than them as everyone knows the first 5 they won didn't count.

:pep:

Garrus

CL is the most prestigious football competition in the world, But since it has less no. of games than a league , And knock out stages, Which makes both referee mistakes and luck take much more factor in deciding a winner than a league, But i still will go with CL.

Cule4life

The Culest
Seriously guys how many fans get to see their team win the champions league in their lifetime (cough liverpool cough)
Champions league wins build European history and makes us among the elite clubs in the world. It elevates us above other clubs in terms of brand and attracting star players even above other league winners like Juventus etc

X

xaviniesta

For the first time I have voted for the CL. Normally it would be La Liga everytime but as Moudrid are so obsessed with winnng La Decima, I would love to win one more to bring us up to 5. Although we would be a fair way back, it would make them sweat and we could truely say that we have won more CL's than them as everyone knows the first 5 they won didn't count.

:pep:

i agree with everything, would've said the same. aslo people vote here for CL simply because they think la liga is basicly already won. you should've posted this poll 6 months ago.

XaviMessiGirl

More to think about - if you choose CL, who would win the league instead? If it's Atletico, not so bad eh? Madrid would still win absolutely nothing.

But to answer, I used to say the league was more important than the CL, but past couple seasons I think I've revised my thoughts a bit. Getting that fifth CL trophy is a milestone that only few clubs have achieved, plus like Sunny said it keeps Madrid from winning La Decima. That being said the league is still important unlike what some would have us believe.

Cristofol

League football is a much better symbol of consistency than cup competitions, and to beat Real Madrid in a league the officials try to design for them to win makes it even better.
But saying that, nothing quite feels like a Champions League win, the group stage draw, knockouts against some of the best teams,everything down to the theme tune makes me pull my excited face :dance: . And to see our captain lift the trophy at the end there is nothing else like it.

However winning the Spanish league this season with everything that has gone on politically will be perfect for me
protesta.gif

XaviMessiGirl

Seriously guys how many fans get to see their team win the champions league in their lifetime (cough liverpool cough)

eyyyyyyy :hooray:

Honestly though I think it is when I went to Anfield and saw the Istanbul trophy up close, that I began to shift a bit in terms of what trophy I hold in higher regard. Besides, Barca are sitting on four CL wins, when you hit five you get to keep the trophy. It's a very special thing.

League football is a much better symbol of consistency than cup competitions

This is the argument I would use when I considered the league more important, and I still believe in that argument which is why it's hard for me to definitively say that one trophy is better to win than the other. CL can obviously be won based on luck as it's a knockout competition and there are many factors involved, but generally the league title is won by whoever is consistently the best in the country throughout the season. However even then there are things to consider such as the fact that in the league we play some pretty weak teams and it's not as testing as going up against the best teams in every European league.

Honestly I think the only way to tell who is TRULY the best in Europe is to have a European Super League, but that concept is so flawed that I don't think I'd ever want it to actually happen.

do you guys belive that ther is match-fixing in La Liga? like in italia ?

Honestly I think there is probably some form of corruption at varying levels in most of the big leagues in Europe, but difference is most of them deny it or can't be bothered to look into it, at least Italia is trying to do something about it. Unfortunately the trade-off there is that it makes calcio look bad to those who don't follow it, and those that are ignorant or misinformed draw negative conclusions about the league. That image is probably a big reason why no one really investigates corruption in other leagues (among other reasons). However that's a discussion left for another topic.

Cristofol

Honestly I think the only way to tell who is TRULY the best in Europe is to have a European Super League, but that concept is so flawed that I don't think I'd ever want it to actually happen.
No it couldn't ever happen but in an alternate universe if there were some way, what a competition that would be :wub:

Home of Barca Fans