How to approach the rebuild

malvolio

for the time being, having braithwaite as rotation option would have been OK at most. but the abomination that he's considered starter material(because of circumstances mainly) and is given no 9 is sheer lunacy :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

for the time being, having braithwaite as rotation option would have been OK at most. but the abomination that he's considered starter material(because of circumstances mainly) and is given no 9 is sheer lunacy :lol:

Not really. When you have zero other options, he is the solution for now.

JamDav1982

Not really. When you have zero other options, he is the solution for now.

That is like saying Pinto was a 'solution' as had no other GKs to play.

It is correct but still does not hide the fact neither are remotely good enough for a club like Barca and fact have to rely on them as best option is atrocious.

Rory

Goalkeepers: Neto, MATS (I don't think mats is elite enough, I just don't know who to target and other issues are way worse), neto is a decent backup and he won't fetch a good fee anyway.

Right backs: Dest, Sell Roberto or let leave for free (10m a year wage)!, sign Klostermann (can play right back in a defensive manner and also as CB)

Left backs: Don't know enough about left backs in the world

Centre back: Sell Lenglet, Keep Araujo, see how Migueza develops, sign: Garcia for free on low wages for backup, sign Upamecano.

central mid: Keep de jong, let busquets leave, let pjanic leave, sign gravenberch/bellingham/camavinga. See if puig develops, sell Alena.

Attacking mid: Sell coutinho, keep pedri

forwards: allow messi to leave, sell griezmann, keep braithwaite until obvious backup is found, sign Haaland. Keep fati, dembele. If koeman stays sign depay on free with low wages so getting rid is an option.

Transfer policy: Under no circumstances do we sign someone for 100m+, under no circumstances do we sign someone who has had one breakout season. Sign players with leadership and work ethic traits that match their technical abilities e.g. Grealish. When a player hits 30 they should only ever have 2 years remaining on their contract.

Devils

We need at least 1 signing in every line IMO

-New keeper
-New CB and LB
-New CM
-New ST

lol

Messigician

We need at least 1 signing in every line IMO

-New keeper
-New CB and LB
-New CM
-New ST

lol

Which keeper is on the market and is worth investing in over other positions? I don't like ter clown much either but we have bigger problems imo

JamDav1982

MATS would all depend on any big offer for him and cant see it coming as he is making too many mistakes lately and no top team with money to spend is looking for a GK.

Probably missed the boat if were to ever sell him for a big fee.

serghei

MATS would all depend on any big offer for him and cant see it coming as he is making too many mistakes lately and no top team with money to spend is looking for a GK.

Probably missed the boat if were to ever sell him for a big fee.

All top 10 teams have keepers who are as good as Stegen if not better. Can't think of any that would need Ter Stegen. Maybe Dortmund? Don't know how good Burki is.

SeloBarca

Rebuilding this team will require a miracle
Theres not a single players in the team that are good enough.
Dest, our newest signing, has been our best player lately..

Our defence is shit with old players, idiots, and subs that are even worse.
Our midfield are in shambles, De Jong wont improve if he only plays with the crap we have.
Messi doesnt bother anymore, he wanted to move on, and should have been let go. Griezmann has sunk like Titanic, and Dembele breaks if you look at him.

Devils

Which keeper is on the market and is worth investing in over other positions? I don't like ter clown much either but we have bigger problems imo

Any keeper that doesn't have extreme arrogance while crumbling under pressure over the course of 6 years would be an upgrade for me.

Raketa10

For me, a couple of important, critical steps.

1. Don't extend Messi.
2. Get a reliable manager with a vision.
3. Don't waste money. Splash big on a "9". Throw everything in a Haaland deal if possible.
4. Get a top tier CB.

Those 2 signings are critical. One elite player to lead the line, one defense general to sort the shit.

Everything else we need to do with what we have.

Should ideally look like this for 2022/2023 season.

1834081_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Pedri can't play as a pivot! We should definitely go back to 4-3-3 or use Pedri as CAM. This 4-2-3-1 with Dembele and Fati on wings would cause us to concede many goals against top tier teams.

Our keeper is OK, he is not the problem. Since Depay and Garcia are free I would get them for sure. We definitely need one top CB, one aggressive midfielder who knows how to shoot the ball and no.9.

If Haaland is reachable we could try to get him but I am honestly not sure if he would fit well in Barca.

I only hope we won't go for Neymar. He is too expensive and we should move on from that older generation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans