Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Andresito

Staff member
Option 1 is a lot more possible money wise. Option 2 seems rather unrealistic tbf.

It's not a fair poll, and quite obvious Birdy is pushing for option 2.

FinBarcelonafan

Option 1 is a lot more possible money wise. Option 2 seems rather unrealistic tbf.

It's not a fair poll, and quite obvious Birdy is pushing for option 2.

That's what I was thinking too. I feel option #2 costs more.

If you have an equal amount of money, then I take Haaland. He is a market opportunity after all. You need to find bargains of bargain to beat that.

Laplacian

Haaland. Players of Antony or Lisandro Martinez's quality are always popping up, Luiz Diaz just recently blew up this season and he was basically invisible from the media hype machine this time last year. Players of his quality are always there.

There's a scarcity for strikers right now, and even greater scarcity for young world class strikers. Just how many U25 can you name capable of scoring 50 goals a year? Exactly. Haaland is the way to go.

FinBarcelonafan

Haaland. Players of Antony or Lisandro Martinez's quality are always popping up, Luiz Diaz just recently blew up this season and he was basically invisible from the media hype machine this time last year. Players of his quality are always there.

There's a scarcity for strikers right now, and even greater scarcity for young world class strikers. Just how many U25 can you name capable of scoring 50 goals a year? Exactly. Haaland is the way to go.

Exactly. Well said. You need to grab those rare talents when you can. Not something you can wait. Opportunities won't come often, especially in today's very competitive market.

Good players are always available. Not great ones.

BBZ8800

Haaland and a goalkeeper on a field alone are enough.

He is better than all players combined in an option B.

Option B sounds like a new round of Malcom, Semedo, Gomes, Digne, Denis etc, with their 2022' versions who look shiny on paper but will probably fail like every other crop of players in the last 10 years.

Porque

The transfer fee matters much less than contract and wages given out.
The basis of the dilemma is that Haaland will be getting a huge contract, and would be sitting on 100% (and more) increase in wages from the current top earner.

In relation to your question I would take Haaland for 3-4 seasons and resell, enough time to re-establish ourselves in the upper echelon of European football. Theres enough free talents for the rest of the squad and talent from the LaMasia midfielders. Still one or two who could pop through.

Now, if we had the transfer budget I wouldn't oppose option 2, but if would be very expensive. Jonathan David and Kounde would cost more than Haaland and Christensen (and thats including signing on fees, agent fees, sperm fees). When we factor in wages the difference is neglible.

If we go a tier below David and Kounde, then we are increasing the risk of flopping. And when you go a tier below, you are already looking at players who you would ideally be signing if Haaland is coming anyways.

Kul_z

Career wise, his best decision would be to join us and thats why we could have upper hand in negotiations.
1. Undisputable first name marketing and on pitch wise in a big club.
2. With 30+ goals and with winning only la liga next season he would be in heavy contender shortlist for balon d'or, considering the circumstances we are now.
3. "Pulling" barca out of the mud is a story that could echo for decades
4. If things dont work out here he could easily get a transfer in whatever club he wants bar real madrid, which might be a biggest obstacle if he is that much madrid obsessed as some people here are saying.

Im kinda sure that we would sign him if we manage to get money by the summer.

gasgas

.....................Emi Martinez
Mazraoui....Araujo......Kounde...Grimaldo
................de jong........nico...
...Adama............Pedri.............Gavi
.......................Haaland

Looks dominant enough for me

Andresito

Staff member
.....................Emi Martinez
Mazraoui....Araujo......Kounde...Grimaldo
................de jong........nico...
...Adama............Pedri.............Gavi
.......................Haaland

Looks dominant enough for me

You got 250m lying around?

Porque

Haaland and a goalkeeper on a field alone are enough.

He is better than all players combined in an option B.

Option B sounds like a new round of Malcom, Semedo, Gomes, Digne, Denis etc, with their 2022' versions who look shiny on paper but will probably fail like every other crop of players in the last 10 years.

Missed this BBZ post. I completely agree.

FC B

Haaland plus free signings ofc. But let's see if he would chose Barca over other options and if Laporta will manage to afford such a transfer somehow.

Messi983

Haaland y 10 mas.

Well, more like Haaland, Busi y 9 mas.

I think adding Haaland to the rest of young core would not only make us more competitive immediately next season but also improve our chances to bring more quality players in 2023-24 rather than buying squad players now and then look for a star (that probably won't be there) next year. Barca always need a superstar and Haaland is the best one available.

Home of Barca Fans