Haaland or Complete Squad Overhaul?

Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Birdy

I don't, actually. But he's a Xavi signing 1/1. With Planes gone, we lack a true sporting director with Alemany handling the administrative side of the job. Something, for instance, Overmars did at Ajax.

And I think it is generally tough to get things right no matter the administration. Especially to make a few correct signings in one window.

Agree with that 100%
WE need Overmars here.
Planes' position was important and cannot be compensated by giving Xavi and Jordi more 'responsibilities' in an area that is not their expertise frankly

Making wrong transfer choices is a real danger.
But is also Haaland a correct transfer choice? I have my doubts

Joan

Agree with that 100%
WE need Overmars here.
Planes' position was important and cannot be compensated by giving Xavi and Jordi more 'responsibilities' in an area that is not their expertise frankly

Making wrong transfer choices is a real danger.
But is also Haaland a correct transfer choice? I have my doubts

I have my doubts too. He's not a perfect player for what we want to play under Xavi or in general. But I also think Barca brand would grow with a player of Haaland's caliber and his sheer quality would surely be a massive boost. If we're being honest, none of the current crop's top echelon is a great fit for our style.

Overmars would be a perfect addition but might prove pricey for the public image. Even if not too big of a scandal.

khaled_a_d

Fuck, that shit is depressing man...

One of the reasons I strongly preferred Victor Font to Laporta

Why? Font actually wanted Xavi as head of all.
Alemany actually fits the profile you want, he is a management guy, former CEO who is about efficiency, a guy like him will empower such departments even more than Xavi.
A foitball SD is actually a guy who filters those data with more human vision, but many actually disregard it (like R.Fernandez did).
Also, the article doesn't really mention Laporta other than speculation that he won't care about ut, all the facts they mentioned is basically about Bartomeu board

JohnN

Money wise it's the same more or less, that's the point of the poll.
People in option 2 will NOT be getting exorbitant wages, or else they will be discarded (read about Hernandez rumor today?), but still significant more money than the free agents in option 1

Now, time to present my view:
You are right, I voted for option 2, and I might be the minority in the reason why

There are 2 reasons behind it:
1) I hate the 'superstar model' that Laporta is so obsessed with.
He is living in the past in so many different respects.
Whatever worked in 2003 is not guaranteed to work now and in the future as well
He wanted to find his 'new Rijkaard' (which supposedly now is Xavi), something that goes totally against rational deliberation and selection of a top coach, especially for the football of 2022 when coaching has become no1 ingredient of success.
Now he wants to find his new 'Ronaldinho', and is looking only at Haaland, through horse blinders. Fixated and obsessed.
Without even realizing that Ronni was bought by accident, only because he failed to land his primary target Becham, and in the end he proved to be much better than Becham.
Imagine him going for Haaland, Haaland goin to Madrid, and then the guy we buy turns out to be better fit than Haaland?
Yeah that

In short:
Why is it so necessary for Barca to have a superstar?
Why is it necessary to build a 'rivalry of superstars' with RM?
Because it happened with the CR vs MEssi? But it became so toxic from some point onwards
Is this in line with the club's philosophy?
I don't think so

2) More importantly, I have my SERIOUS DOUBTS that Haaland fits the football we play and want to play, especially under Xavi.
Both Mbape and Haaland are super-hyped sporting-wise IMO and are in fact worse than what their fanboys make them out to be (without denying they are WC potential, but have to realize that yet)

In particular, Haaland is a beast in the open space and in the air, but is not so good in small space.
Traditionally, and now with Xavi, Barca will face opponents that will sit really deep and deny space.
To break those low blocks we need penetration from out wide, and strikers that are super-mobile but also very good technically and in small space.
Haaland ain't that.
Unless we turn into a cross and in-salah team (which I would hate), which I don't think it will happen especially under Xavi...

Traditionally as well, the strikers that succeeded here were the Romarios, the Ronaldos, and the Etoos, and the Suarezs -> people very good at small space and with exceptional technique, able to pull out crazy finishings with little room to maneuver.
Haaland ain't that!
Remember Ibra also? Well, he wasn't as fast as Haaland, but had much better technique, exceptional technique, and he still failed.
Besides, I would like the team to be on Ansu and Ferran to score the goals, who both have traits that fit the traditional profile I described above.

In short: I see his transfer as RISKY to say the least, given the exorbitant wage we will pay and the 'obligation' for him to succeed.
It's something that can destroy us IF it goes wrong!
We can't afford the 'experiment'

Barca traditionally are a club of superstar players.
We are not Liverpool or Bayern. We always had that special guy. But, I do have my doubts Halland is of that class, so I agree there.
If we don't gamble, we will stay irrelevant pushing for 3rd/2nd place because real will always gamble.
There are many prospects that we can buy cheap from South America and free transfers can only get us to a certain point.
That's why I would go for option 1.
Add to that the marketability, revenue and exposure.
We are currently becoming irrelevant for advertising.

Birdy

Why? Font actually wanted Xavi as head of all.
Alemany actually fits the profile you want, he is a management guy, former CEO who is about efficiency, a guy like him will empower such departments even more than Xavi.
A foitball SD is actually a guy who filters those data with more human vision, but many actually disregard it (like R.Fernandez did).
Also, the article doesn't really mention Laporta other than speculation that he won't care about ut, all the facts they mentioned is basically about Bartomeu board

Depressing is the fact that Laporta possibly doesn't care about having analytics, and is indifferently losing stuff here and there

Agree about Allemany.
As for Font, no his organizational chart was super-detailed with micro-level delegation of duties, as should be in any top business organization
His intention to make Xavi SD when Koeman was the coach, and it was a well-known smokescreen, as we all know Xavi only coveted the coach position

Iniesta Ultra

I don't think we will get Haaland, neither will we do a complete revamp.

From the mentioned names, I could see us getting Gaya, Lisandro, Azpi and Mazraoui. Then spend the rest of the window looking for a forward.

Next season team most likely will be

GK: MATS, Tenas
DF: Pique, Araujo, Lisandro, Garcia, Azpi, Mazraoui, Gaya, Alba
MF: Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico
FW: Torres, Fati, Auba, Depay, Adama

You want to keep Depay?

Raketa10

Haaland and free agents for sure. But a really good CB is definitely a MUST because we won't be able to score as much as we'll concede.

Messigician

🚨| According to @BILD_Sport, Real Madrid have won the battle for Erling Braut Haaland. The norwegian striker will sign for Real Madrid

Lock the thread,

Tier 1 source

Home of Barca Fans