Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrazilFan

Nothing harsh really. They deserve every bit of criticism they get. Argentina is the most underachieving big team out there in the last 20 years. Each WC they are tagged as the favorites with lots of qualities to their sides, and yet the furthest they go is the quarter final. The team should be criticized where it's due so they could fix it before it's too late.

I understand what your saying and I don't disagree but I saw someone mention that they get rip apart by the likes of Chile or Netherlands based on how they played on this game which is harsh IMO. Futbol doesn't work like that. Do people not remember Argentina 1990 World Cup campaign or other similar campaigns were a team didn't start particular well or slow and made it to final or better they won.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I understand what your saying and I don't disagree but I saw someone mention that they get rip apart by the likes of Chile or Netherlands based on how they played on this game which is harsh IMO. Futbol doesn't work like that. Do people not remember Argentina 1990 World Cup campaign or other similar campaigns were a team didn't start particular well or slow and made it to final or better they won.

I agree saying getting rip apart is a bit harsh but also some truth to that. With the two performances Argentina showed so far in the WC they will have more difficulties against the stronger sides. The 1990 Argentina was far from impressive but they played to their qualities, which were much lower than what Argentina had in the last 6 WCs. Yet they've achieved more than all of those Argentina teams. The team lack the spirit which is needed to go all the way and win the WC. They need to realize sooner that they have only 7 matches to win the price and they need to be at their best to achieve that. Yet when you see the performance of certain players in the team you wonder if they're even bothered to be here at all.

Some of them really need a kick in the butt as a wake up call.

Jenks

Really ? A better referee might have clamped down on the time wasting and called offside for Gucci's shot.

A better referee would have given Iran a penalty.

The margins were not thin.

The only stats that matters is the scoreline, and you won by a single goal scored from range in the 92nd minute. The margins were very tight, which is a commendable feat for a team full of semi-pros.

zanela

Spahić decides to 've a shitter in a must-win game, though he's having too much to do on the left. Need Kola, and to up the tempo. Perhaps Veda at 60min if score remains the same.

Also FU FIFA and your referees.

PaulFCB

Banned
I hope Argentina learned a lot from today's game cause that's more important then the victory.

They should expect the same VIP treatment from other teams when it's decisive...and then the referee can consider something like that penalty...well, a penalty.

They had 2 easy opponents so far, hopefully until the quarters they have enough time to grow in this tournament.

Darko

Shame on you Bosnia for playing like that, only Pjanić, Šunjić and Begović looked like they cared!
And the ref was horrible, that offside call...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Poor BiH was robbed. But man, they played so poorly in the second half. The BiH goalkeeper had 9 saves, which goes to show what Nigeria is capable of doing. Emenike was their best player tonight.

Argentina watch out. If they can't contain the Nigerians and let them beat them, then the Argentinians will have to face the red hot France, then Germany.

zanela

The move to England f*cked up Edin. More interested in self-grooming, than justify his presence on a football pitch.

Yugo Count Dante

Spahić decides to 've a shitter in a must-win game, though he's having too much to do on the left. Need Kola, and to up the tempo. Perhaps Veda at 60min if score remains the same.

Also FU FIFA and your referees.
Not watching any other games probably. Also benching Kolasinac, who does Susic think he is?

Besic though <3 -The FUTURE

The move to England f*cked up Edin. More interested in self-grooming, than justify his presence on a football pitch.

Thank you.

Also I'm done with: Safet Susic his son or what ever 'TINO', Dzeko, Safet Susic and once again Dzeko. They don't exist for me.

Shame on you Bosnia for playing like that, only Pjanić, Šunjić and Begović looked like they cared!
And the ref was horrible, that offside call...

Which game were you watching? saying that Besic didn't care is a crime.

Last edited:

zanela

10 in 10 for qualifying though no?

Had a legit goal ruled out, but he looked lazy

I don't care for his numbers. Most of them 've come in blow outs under piss easy teams. He's not worth anything close to what he gets paid by his employer. His attitude has been all wrong. Stands there waiting for the ball to come to his feet, and can't score without a perfect delivery. Takes a stroll the other times. Ibisevic may not be that talented, but he puts in a shift, and plays his heart out. Edin should just join a MLS club, so he and his gold digga woman can take daily selfies, and attend pointless galas. He's become a promotional whore, less a footballer.

Yugo Count Dante

Yes, he was the only positive for me. Hopefully, he finds a good club.

=)

Even after Dzeko gets involved in the game the ref doesn't raise the flag only after he sees that it's a goal... verry fishy here.

They should investigate this, or start a case or something this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans