Germany

DennyCrane

The design is growing on me quite a bit in the last couple of days, I must say. I will order a Schweinsteiger one.

14germanyhome.jpg

14germanyhome3.jpg

What in the unholy name of *ss is this f*ckness ? Not only are the dominant colors black white and red; but the flag looks like a red shaded Reichsflagge too. Well, at least the Hansa Rostock supporters will love the crap out of that kit.

In other news, Jogi Löw is coming to his senses: He told kicker.tv that his post match analysis is sometimes flawed, that he rates player performances wrong and generally makes mistakes everyday. Hopefully, inner examination is the first step towards self improvement.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I think kicker just used the material from DFB, from his press conference today. Where his self-criticism wasn't that big. He was asked whether he made mistakesvin his careet and he answered. Couldn't say much else.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What in the unholy name of *ss is this f*ckness ? Not only are the dominant colors black white and red; but the flag looks like a red shaded Reichsflagge too. Well, at least the Hansa Rostock supporters will love the crap out of that kit.

I got no idea how you could possibly interpret that as Reichsflagge. Given the different saturation of the three stripes it literally makes no sense at all and is rather clear prove it relates to the current German flag. Typical self-imposed German self-hatred and overinterpreting things, I guess.

btw, surprisingly entertaining match against Italy so far, mostly due to the many errors in defence on both sides.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
The order makes no sense though. The least saturated and lightest red is in the middle. To ideally represent the German flag and get the gradient from black to gold/yellow right, the red gradient should go from dark to light or from most saturated to least saturated. It's that stripe in the middle that makes no sense in that respect. If you dyed a reichsflagge red, this is more or less what you would get. I didn't think about it initially either, but I see what he means.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Huh??
The Reichsflagge was black-white-red. So obviously the stripe in the middle would be the lightest, which clearly is not the case.
The Bundesflagge in contrast is black-red-gold, thus the lowest stripe would have the lightest red, which clearly is the case.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
The gradient makes no sense given that the lowest stripe it's the most saturated one. That's quite simple, no need for 'huh'-ing.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, I'm sorry to inform you, but what you said is clearly incorrect.

DennyCrane

I got no idea how you could possibly interpret that as Reichsflagge. Given the different saturation of the three stripes it literally makes no sense at all and is rather clear prove it relates to the current German flag. .

14germanyhome3.jpg

I was referring to this kit and this is a red shaded Reichsflagge which would have been obvious to you if you actually thought about anything before you started typing. Then again, I give you the benefit of the doubt that you saw a shiny object half-way through reading my post and got distracted.

Thankfully, the colors in this pic are not the ones used on the actual jerseys.

Typical self-imposed German self-hatred and overinterpreting things, I guess.

1383.gif

Der Kaiser

I was referring to this kit and this is a red shaded Reichsflagge which would have been obvious to you if you actually thought about anything before you started typing.

No its not. Let it be man. Its ok if you dont like the kit but interpreting 3 different red colours as a reichsflagge is stupid. I dont like the kit too much either, I think black shorts could have saved it a little. Also the fit is weird, it looks either too small or too big on players, and the shorts are too baggy for a modern kit.

Home of Barca Fans