Germany

DennyCrane

Since Löw will be around for some time, my future wish-list is: Klopp, Tuchel, Streich, not necessarily in that order.

Der Kaiser

anyone on your wish list as a possible successor?

In the far future maybe Mehmet Scholl if he´s had some first team experience, in the near future Klopp or Tuchel. Definitely not Kahn. :lol:

Streich is a good coach but come on, do you really see him as a national coach? He´s at the right club and should stay there IMO.

DennyCrane

In the far future maybe Mehmet Scholl if he´s had some first team experience, in the near future Klopp or Tuchel. Definitely not Kahn. :lol:

Streich is a good coach but come on, do you really see him as a national coach? He´s at the right club and should stay there IMO.

I love Streichs' work in Freiburg, not only with the first team but also with the youth teams. What he says is usually sound and he has a clear idea of the football he wants to play and he sticks to it, his 'Freiburg will den Ball haben' speech is priceless. He's a little rough around the edges and he certainly is no diplomat, but I see this as a welcome diversion.

I know what you mean though and I can't really imagine him in this office either, mostly because he himself would probably refuse the offer + he's deeply rooted in Freiburg. Footballing wise though, he knows his trade completely.

Hopefully, DFB doesn't get bad ideas and reinstates the infamous "Trainerfindungskomission" which then tries to here Guus Hiddink again. :lol:

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
+1000

I doubt Klopp would do it anytime soon though, not necessarily because he said he wouldn't breach his contract at Dortmund for it, but I don't think him to be the type who'd choose to take over the national team if he had the chance to take over another club. I suspect he'll want to stay in the more fast-paced "club business" for as long as possible, not solely at Dortmund of course. Might suit his personality better, too; although he's definitely one of my wish candidates as well. (His comments at the pre-Arsenal conference sounded a bit like he'd be genuinely interested in trying his luck in the Premier League - maybe take over Arsenal from Wenger?). Scholl could indeed be suitable in the future, hadn't thought about it before but makes a lot of sense. Kahn, lol. Hopefully not.

[...]These 3 examples are just a little piece of the puzzle. In my opinion, Sissi reached his tactical climax in 2010 and it's going slowly downhill since then. He gave the team all he has to offer, but now he should leave. It would be better for everyone.
...especially for the general concept he/Klinsi brought about, which, as I said before, I'm generally hugely in favour of. If he leaves after some great failure, this will take away any legitimation from the style of football he introduced, feeding those who criticised him and the concept and leaving the job open for those who would prefer to go back to the steretypical German efficiency kind of style. In the end an elegant style of playing doesn't weigh much in comparison with trophies, at least in the eyes of some, and a trophy is exactly what would justify the philosophy. But since his potential seems to be exhausted (as you said), it would be much wiser of him to make place for a like-minded person with some fresh ideas and a little more in-depth understanding. This is the only way he can see the fruits of his work and prevent the foundations he built from being torn down for something else. This is what I'd genuinely like to see, too.

As for his tactical understanding, I'm torn between thinking he just lacks a deeper understanding/knowledge of football (to suceed at the micro-level, as you called it) and thinking that he overestimates himself and just likes to try out allegedly undoable things for the sake of it, similar to Pep in his last season at Barca. (By which I mean Pep's eccentricity at times; I'm not seriously comparing Pep with Löw or saying Pep overestimated himself). It might be a mixture of both. Can he improve? I don't know, but what I noticed is he has started to become predictable in the general approach to some issues and his way of making decisions, which makes me pessimistic. In hindsight, Özil as a false 9 this seems 100% Löwian, with his handwriting all over it.

But since he's not leaving for now, I might as well wish him luck and to suceed. I'm tempted to hope Germany will fail greatly to force him out, but due to the things I mentioned earlier this might result in an even worse alternative.

Last edited:

Rahj

mehmet scholl? i can't imagine him to be a good coach. i think the DFB should give a chance to a special someone from herzogenaurach. we would see entirely new approaches to football tactics.

AfricanBavarian

Loew's defensive tactics are abysmal, even though Germany are favorites i just see Loew pulling a move like he did vs Italy in Euro 2012

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What the heck is this? A bra attached to a white shirt? So ugly, beyond words.

600x450_9CV4J5QR00BU0005.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That picture was "leaked" by express.de. You can decide for yourself how reliable that is.

The actual picture is only a tad better. And for the first time, die nationalmannschaft will be wearing a white short, therefore donning an all-white kit!

Blasphemy!

Germany+2014+Home+1.jpg

Germany+2014+Home+Short.jpg

Home of Barca Fans