Gerard Gumbau

Ritchie

One of the big La Masia issues for me is left back. If Alba's injured we're screwed but that's exactly where a La Masia/B team player should be able to step up as back up. We've got what was a good prospect in Grrimaldo yet have to rely on the hopeless Adriano or Mathieu who is never a left back.

Right back. What happened to Montoya's development that we were forced to sign Vidal to back up Alves?

The midfield situation is summed up by Gumbau. We haven't even got a Romeu who can come in let alone a Busquets coming through. Are Grimaldo and Samper stalling and not progressing because of the coaching?

And in terms of forwards we lack even a Cuenca or Tello let along a Pedro or Bojan. What happened to the devlopment of Adama and Dongou?

It's pathetic and questions need to be asked because it's going to force the club to keep spending money on players like Vidal, Turan and another forward in January when la Masia graduates should be able to pad out the squad to help afford a world class XI, which is going to become increasingly expensive if we're not going to be bringing through our own youth. That forces us to raise our revenues to Real Madrid levels and then match them pound for pound in the transfer market to stay competitive. This last decade we've been on top because of La Masia.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our future #SayNoMore

CPkzdR5WsAAEba8.jpg:large

El Flaco

Please... can you just stop bashing on Gumbau?

This is the exact same attitude many of you had against Roberto for so many year. Today, he is hailed as a great player.

And last but not least, Gumbau is still one of us.

Last edited:

El Flaco

So? It still doesn't wash away the fact that Roberto was a punching bag for many seasons, just like what Gumbau is now. It is more than clear that Lucho trusts our youth and sees something that many of us doesn probably sees What I'm trying to say is that you (and everyone else) should root for Gumbau to get better since he's one of our players and not shitting on him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The harder we bash them, the better they play:coffee:. Seriously though that just harmless banter, if he actually breakthrough, we be laughing at ourselves like we do with Neymar for example -"so much money for youtube player:facepalm:.

Galning

So? It still doesn't wash away the fact that Roberto was a punching bag for many seasons, just like what Gumbau is now. It is more than clear that Lucho trusts our youth and sees something that many of us doesn probably sees What I'm trying to say is that you (and everyone else) should root for Gumbau to get better since he's one of our players and not shitting on him.

You can't expect people to not laugh at Gumbau. If you want to preach, then go to the Ter Stegen thread and ask people to support him because after all he is a Barça player. I am not one of those who jumps on every player just for the sake of it, but Gumbau hasn't done anything, nada, so far. As long as he continues to be crap at basically everything I'm not going to "support" him just because he is a Barça player.

I'll be the first to support him, hope he gets a shot, etc. when he actually shows something.

But maybe you have analysed Gumbau's Instagram account and came to the conclusion that he is a worldclass talent?

JamDav1982

I thought Gambau looked decent on the pre season tour and can see a player in him. Whether that is a Barca starter who knows but dont go along with this idea that he has shown nothing at all.

F

Flavia

I thought Gambau looked decent on the pre season tour and can see a player in him. Whether that is a Barca starter who knows but dont go along with this idea that he has shown nothing at all.
[MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION] watched him in loco last season, all home Barça B games. And I saw him on tv for most of their games too. There are many reasons to not think there's a player in him.

JamDav1982

[MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION] watched him in loco last season, all home Barça B games. And I saw him on tv for most of their games too. There are many reasons to not think there's a player in him.

Well clearly not everyone thinks like that hence why he is getting chances near first team.

The B team coaches, Lucho or someone sees a player in him and I would guess they have more first hand knowledge than Galning.

F

Flavia

Well clearly not everyone thinks like that hence why he is getting chances near first team.

The B team coaches, Lucho or someone sees a player in him and I would guess they have more first hand knowledge than Galning.

Did you watch him the last time he played some minutes for the 1st team? He was pretty bad, as he was for the whole last season for Barça B. I don't know what "player" you see in him, so far I see a pretty bad one.
Coaches aren't 100% right, anyway.

Home of Barca Fans