Gerard Deulofeu

Zinedinho

It makes economical sense. His worth is higher than 12 million euros. Think how much Athletic Club would ask for Iñaki Williams, for example. Or Celta for Iago Aspas. We can reasonably expect a similar performance from Deulofeu if he keeps focused like he has been for Milan. That's the big if, because the guy has a history, but I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised by his performance and I'm willing to give him a chance. There's not much to lose, and the guy is sure talented.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What's the point of signing him? We already have Paquinho, Munir is probably coming back and MSN seldom rest... And he's not the kind of workhorse we need at RW/RM/RB either, we already have Bob for that...

I can't believe a handful of good games in a shit team playing in a weaker league can suddenly make him a more mature player worth spending money on...

God Serena

What's the point of signing him? We already have Paquinho, Munir is probably coming back and MSN seldom rest... And he's not the kind of workhorse we need at RW/RM/RB either, we already have Bob for that...

I can't believe a handful of good games in a shit team playing in a weaker league can suddenly make him a more mature player worth spending money on...

Deulofeu is better than both Paco and Munir and he'd cost us next to nothing to bring back. MSN seldom rests but I'm more inclined to blame that on our only backups being incompetent, than MSN hogging all the playing time. If we had a player we could reliably win a game or two with like when we had Pedro MSN wouldn't be so unshakeable in the lineup. Paco was brought in to fulfil that role but he's kind of dogshit and that never worked out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulofeu is better than both Paco and Munir and he'd cost us next to nothing to bring back. MSN seldom rests but I'm more inclined to blame that on our only backups being incompetent, than MSN hogging all the playing time. If we had a player we could reliably win a game or two with like when we had Pedro MSN wouldn't be so unshakeable in the lineup. Paco was brought in to fulfil that role but he's kind of dogshit and that never worked out.

So you're saying Paco is :crbust:

Gnidrologist

It doesn't matter what you believe. It's a fact. Have you been watching those Milan games? I have.
The question here is can he maintain that work ethic from now and not turn back to his lazy, carefree self again. If he can, he would certainly be a superior asset to both Munir and Paco as ability wise he is better than them, at least as far as winger goes. His finishing is lacking, but pace,dribbling, technique and passing (the last one is very underrated here in barcaforum) skills are perfect for a Barca winger.
Many people here are way too arrogant with the ''not good enough for Barca'' mantra. The market isn't saturated with great and cheap players for Barca to grab at will. Letting very talented and now obviously progressing la masia player go for naught would be bad business in any way you look at tit. Even if he was a disappointment after all and we would have to sell him the season after.

Vilarrubi

I just like the idea of Deulofeu/Munir/Paco on the bench. Gives up options even if they are not the best.. of course i'd rather us spend bigger and get a real talent who wouldn't mind being on the bench. But doubt that will happen.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

I didn't deny his talent, as I agree he has more raw talent than Paco and Munir... My point is that I don't see the club making room for him, there's 35 million to try to justify with Paco and in Munir's case nothing beats bringing back a player for free... And we still have Arda refusing to leave, so if he comes he's still competing with 3 other players for garbage minutes despite their lack of quality... Ideally, we should be able to get rid of all of them, and in that case bringing back Deulofeu (plus someone else) wouldn't seem so bad considering the price, however I don't see that happening...

Even if he was a disappointment after all and we would have to sell him the season after.

That's what bothers me, if he comes back and fails (which in my opinion is the most likely scenario, not because of talent, but a sum of his personality plus the wrong environment for his development) there's no way we can get anywhere near the 12 million invested, he'll probably get loaned until his contract expires...

God Serena

I didn't deny his talent, as I agree he has more raw talent than Paco and Munir... My point is that I don't see the club making room for him, there's 35 million to try to justify with Paco and in Munir's case nothing beats bringing back a player for free... And we still have Arda refusing to leave, so if he comes he's still competing with 3 other players for garbage minutes despite their lack of quality... Ideally, we should be able to get rid of all of them, and in that case bringing back Deulofeu (plus someone else) wouldn't seem so bad considering the price, however I don't see that happening...

Neither Paco nor Munir are wingers and will be more of a problem for each other than Deulofeu. And as far as Arda is concerned, fuck Arda.

Raketa10

Only question with this guy is has he matured or not? If he is the same arrogant idiot with zero tactical discipline I really do not want him here but if he has matured than we should try.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans