Gerard Deulofeu

xXKonan

I wouldn't mind Deulofeu ending up being a even more talented version of Pedro. I know Pedro had a lot of frustrating/inconstant moments in his end product in his final seasons here but he was a hard worker and worked for the shirt and was a great player to have around.

This Milan loan, has been doing him good and I hope he keeps at it.

Neeraj

Often, I find on this forum that any talented/potentially talented winger is compared to Pedro, and labelled more talented than Pedro.

I think the opinion is largely shaped by his last couple of seasons. Pedro was one of my favourite players, and many people forget that he was probably the most clinical striker in the world around 2011. He had good cutbacks, he could get past defenders (though not as much as more pacy traditional wingers like Robben, etc.) and had a wicked goal scoring record. Add to that good decision making, passing ability and tremendous work rate.

It's easy to say Gerard is more naturally talented because he performs some flashy moves, but if you take the other aspects of game intelligence, etc. then Pedro was fantastic for us. If Gerard can do half the job which Pedro of old could do, that would be amazing. I somehow doubt he has what it takes though; however I would give him a chance if did indeed get him.

Adversus

Often, I find on this forum that any talented/potentially talented winger is compared to Pedro, and labelled more talented than Pedro.

I think the opinion is largely shaped by his last couple of seasons. Pedro was one of my favourite players, and many people forget that he was probably the most clinical striker in the world around 2011. He had good cutbacks, he could get past defenders (though not as much as more pacy traditional wingers like Robben, etc.) and had a wicked goal scoring record. Add to that good decision making, passing ability and tremendous work rate.

It's easy to say Gerard is more naturally talented because he performs some flashy moves, but if you take the other aspects of game intelligence, etc. then Pedro was fantastic for us. If Gerard can do half the job which Pedro of old could do, that would be amazing. I somehow doubt he has what it takes though; however I would give him a chance if did indeed get him.

Pedro is also playing incredibly well for a team walking the EPL. If Deulofeu reaches his level he would be doing very well.

Devils

He has a long way to go before he can be as good as Pedro.

I don't really care for him returning. Personally I don't believe 3 decent months at Milan is convincing enough to bring him back after he been flopping for the last few years.

Zinedinho

He's really changed. From his perspective, it would be good to stay at Milan. From our perspective, it would be good to execute the buyout clause. Let's see what happens.

I didn't expect such a drastic change from Deulofeu. He even looks like a very hard working player, which is amazing. He's really focused on all aspects of the game, and that's what was lacking. I'm happy for him.

jamrock

Playing on the Right so far and as been very poor.

He is half the player on the right that he is on the left.

Gets the ball, tries to cut to the byline and put in a cross, repeat that's all he does on the right.

PS ocampos is absolute garbage, why is he playing for Milan?.

JamDav1982

Playing on the Right so far and as been very poor.

He is half the player on the right that he is on the left.

Gets the ball, tries to cut to the byline and put in a cross, repeat that's all he does on the right.

PS ocampos is absolute garbage, why is he playing for Milan?.

Thats what he did the whole time at Everton. Played like an old 4-4-2 winger and that was probably where he was most effective but gave the ball away 9 times out of 10.

Just cant see Ney, Suarez or Messi having any patience to play with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which is why I don't think he'll succeed here. He need to play on the left or have a free role in the middle to thrive. Not going to get that here. However if we're not going to sign a winger this summer, it wouldn't hurt bringing him back I guess.

God Serena

Then play him on the left. Not that hard really. Getting someone who can be a backup for Ney is something we really need anyways, only having MSN as a reliable option in attack hurts us badly.

DonAK

Sure, but won't take him more than one season before he's tired of it and wants out again.

F

FlaFCB

Then play him on the left. Not that hard really. Getting someone who can be a backup for Ney is something we really need anyways, only having MSN as a reliable option in attack hurts us badly.

Neymar rarely needs rest. We need a good rw, not someone to play once or twice when Neymar can't.

DonAK

If we bring Deulofeu back, Arda and one of Denis and Rafinha need to go too. I'd keep Vidal as backup RB/backup winger.

In fact, assuming we sign another midfielder and Gomes isn't sold, it's hard to see where both Denis and Rafinha can fit in as Roberto will move back to the midfield and Alenya should get called up regularly too or get promoted depending on what happens with Barca B.

Iniesta, Rakitic, Roberto, Busquets, Midfield signing, Gomes + Alenya

Neymar/Deulofeu and Messi/Vidal/Rafinha(?)

Bit of a mess this

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Denis showed more playing from the left and right wing at Villareal than Deulofeu has shown anywhere.

Take Denis away from being a midfielder and he would be better back up for Ney.

jamrock

Denis can't play anywhere on the right or left for Barca the way we play.

How he played on the wings at Villarreal is completely different from how we play at Barca.

At Villarreal he was a midfielers playing on the wings, but Villarreal don't play with real wingers so his jobs was still really that of a midfield, exactly how JDS is playing for them now, he plays wide, but doesn't mean he is a winger or can play there outside of Villarreal's setup.

A winger at Barca is expected to he a forward first and a midfielder second, for Villarreal it's basically the opposite.

But back to delou, he really isn't the player he can be on the right wing, and I think if he is smart, he should see that as well, but he is going what the coach asked him to do.

Ever since he left Barca that's where he as been asked to play, which probably goes someway in explaining way he hasn't come on the way I expected.

For Barca B he played on the left and was something special at what 18 playing in the 2nd division, that's where he needs to focus his career from this point, if he isn't going to play in his best position, he shouldn't join a club.

JamDav1982

Denis can't play anywhere on the right or left for Barca the way we play.

How he played on the wings at Villarreal is completely different from how we play at Barca.

At Villarreal he was a midfielers playing on the wings, but Villarreal don't play with real wingers so his jobs was still really that of a midfield, exactly how JDS is playing for them now, he plays wide, but doesn't mean he is a winger or can play there outside of Villarreal's setup.

A winger at Barca is expected to he a forward first and a midfielder second, for Villarreal it's basically the opposite.

But back to delou, he really isn't the player he can be on the right wing, and I think if he is smart, he should see that as well, but he is going what the coach asked him to do.

Ever since he left Barca that's where he as been asked to play, which probably goes someway in explaining way he hasn't come on the way I expected.

For Barca B he played on the left and was something special at what 18 playing in the 2nd division, that's where he needs to focus his career from this point, if he isn't going to play in his best position, he shouldn't join a club.

Barca dont play with 'real' wingers either. The way he played out wide at Villareal was not that far removed from Barca.

He would be more suited to doing that than Duelofeu.

JDS is not playing the same role and it is a different manager anyway so cant compare.

Home of Barca Fans