Gerard Deulofeu

Icarium

Lifestealer
Suarez was and is still considered as best striker both by barca fans and neutrals. Just see what Suarez did, now imagine MSN playing in EPL. It would be unbelievable. I agree that barca and real are too strong compared to the bottom half of the league. The difference in the budget is too fucking big. EPL level tv deal might change things. Don't need to have the same amount of money. Just the distribution.

JamDav1982

Just looked at tables from EPL and La Liga last year for bottom half.

8 of the 10 team in La Liga had less points than the team in the same position in EPL.

So the teams are not getting more points.

If they are getting less this surely proves La Liga bottom half is weaker by Jombis logic?

Jombi

That logic doesnt add up at all.

You are starting from assumption that team for team La Liga is stronger in top half than England. When in reality it is only the top three that are better.

Fans of EPL could turn your logic to show that top half of EPL is stronger than La Liga if the lower teams in La Liga are taking more points. Could be argued a heap of different ways.

We struggle far more against teams like Sevilla and Valencia than we do against so called top teams in the EPL like Arsenal and City. This is yet another indicator that the upper half is stronger in La Liga than the EPL. To be perfectly frank, our games against City was probably one of the easiest games we played this season, far easier than even against most teams in the bottom half of La Liga. City can thank the heavens that their goalie had the best game of his career.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Valencia and sevilla are better than Liverpool and spurs. And arsenal on best form is better than both but they are not always on best form. Barca>Chelsea. Real>city. Atletico>arsenal. Valencia and sevilla better than Liverpool and spurs. The list continues. Don't know where to put united. They are still in rebuilding phase and so maybe next season we will see their level. Cant compare bottom teams. Very hard.

Jombi

Just looked at tables from EPL and La Liga last year for bottom half.

8 of the 10 team in La Liga had less points than the team in the same position in EPL.

So the teams are not getting more points.

If they are getting less this surely proves La Liga bottom half is weaker by Jombis logic?

Another poster here has already posted the stats from the last 4 years I believe, which clearly shows that bottom half of La Liga teams get more points.

JamDav1982

We struggle far more against teams like Sevilla and Valencia than we do against so called top teams in the EPL like Arsenal and City. This is yet another indicator that the upper half is stronger in La Liga than the EPL. To be perfectly frank, our games against City was probably one of the easiest games we played this season, far easier than even against most teams in the bottom half of La Liga. City can thank the heavens that their goalie had the best game of his career.

Your other 'indicator' is wrong.

The bottom half teams in La Liga got more points in 8 of 10 positions.

Barca and Real have given Sevilla some hammerings the past few seasons anyway.

JamDav1982

Another poster here has already posted the stats from the last 4 years I believe, which clearly shows that bottom half of La Liga teams get more points.

Go and look at the table from last season!

Team for team 8 of the 10 got less points in La Liga than EPL in comparison for their positions.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Your other 'indicator' is wrong.

The bottom half teams in La Liga got more points in 8 of 10 positions.

Barca and Real have given Sevilla some hammerings the past few seasons anyway.

Because barca and real are better than Chelsea and city. And Liverpool and spurs got their beatings too. Talking about sevilla argument.

Adversus

Yea I know that's why I said apart from Chelsea the rest would be below Sevilla however once you get to around 8th I think there's a big drop. I'm not sure if it means those teams are necessarily worse. It's more the relative difference between the top and bottom of the leagues. How competitive it is.

JamDav1982

Yea I know that's why I said apart from Chelsea the rest would be below Sevilla however once you get to around 8th I think there's a big drop. I'm not sure if it means those teams are necessarily worse. It's more the relative difference between the top and bottom of the leagues. How competitive it is.

No chance whatsoever that Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd etc would finish below Sevilla.

Sevilla would be fighting it out with Liverpool and Tottenham but even then not sure they would get better of them.

Adversus

Suarez was and is still considered as best striker both by barca fans and neutrals. Just see what Suarez did, now imagine MSN playing in EPL. It would be unbelievable. I agree that barca and real are too strong compared to the bottom half of the league. The difference in the budget is too fucking big. EPL level tv deal might change things. Don't need to have the same amount of money. Just the distribution.

I was on this forum reassuring a few that he was worth the money at the time. But yea I hated when we (Everton) played against Suarez in the derby. While I would like to see those players I'm not sure I would want us to play against them. :(

Jombi

Go and look at the table from last season!

Team for team 8 of the 10 got less points in La Liga than EPL in comparison for their positions.

Last season it was basically even. Upper 40s and mid to low 30s in points in both leagues. But over the course of the last 3-4 seasons, stats have already been posted here that show that La Liga teams in the bottom half win in this department.

Adversus

No chance whatsoever that Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd etc would finish below Sevilla.

Sevilla would be fighting it out with Liverpool and Tottenham but even then not sure they would get better of them.

They aren't that good. We beat Utd 3-0 last season and Arsenal 2-0 the season before and should have this season too but for our lack of fitness at the start. City where good but have gone backwards and Arsenal might just be coming good after a long time barely getting 4th. Utd still need serious work.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Last season it was basically even. Upper 40s and mid to low 30s in points in both leagues. But over the course of the last 3-4 seasons, stats have already been posted here that show that La Liga teams in the bottom half win in this department.

It wasnt even at all. Team for team the Spanish teams got less points in vast majority.

None of this proves anything anyway. Other than Spain have had two teams dominating the league and the rest are more evenly matched so bigger share of points down to bottom half.

While in England they have a better top half overall that takes more points off bottom half.

The bottom half having mote points proves NOTHING about overall quality of league.

Home of Barca Fans