Gerard Deulofeu

F

Flavia

Tito should put him to play on at least one of the last 3 games, since Messi won't play anymore.

Tito should put him to play on at least one of the last 3 games, since Messi won't play anymore.

I don't really see any reason not to let him play the full 90 minutes of every remaining game (since they're all pointless, etc, etc). Same goes for Thiago, Bartra, Tello and Montoya.

0n0mat0p0eia

I don't really see any reason not to let him play the full 90 minutes of every remaining game (since they're all pointless, etc, etc). Same goes for Thiago, Bartra, Tello and Montoya.

Exactly, darthvader, more especially the away games. Home supporters at Camp Nou might want to see a stronger team; but even there, we could play 2/3 of the kids.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They're shooting for the 100 pts

Home vs Real Valladolid
Away to Asspanyol
Home vs Malaga

Certainly doable but Asspanyol & Malaga will take more than just playing anyone...I do agree it'd be smart to play Deulofeu since Leo is out but same could be said for players like Tello, Villa & Cesc who have had to sit a lot these past few months

Gilberto

Would be very interesting to see Deu play for the 1st team again.
I heard some people say he was arrogant and selfish, is that true? I didn't believe them though, because when I saw Deu play he was not.

kozza

Any info on his new wage ?
It's certainly much greater than Tello's one, since he accepted 35M buyout clause.

Ursegor

World Champion
I heard some people say he was arrogant and selfish, is that true? I didn't believe them though, because when I saw Deu play he was not.

He looks like a douche and does stepovers. So people automatically think his game is selfish. In reality this is happening: He has immense natural talent. The close control he possesses at high speed is very rare. While someone like Tello kicks the ball 5 yards infront of himself towards the goalline and tries to run after it faster than the defender (those type of players get figured out rather quickly by the way), Deulofeu has the ability to maneuver through tighter spaces. He's not a support player in the mould of Pedro or Sanchez who passes the ball back to the midfielders, "works hard" and poaches some goals here and there. He's the type of player who can make things happen on his own. Given his age, he's of course overdoing it often with the dribbling, running into 1 defender too many or holding onto the ball for too long. But that's his decision making which isn't developed yet to elite standards rather than him not wanting to pass the ball to better positioned teammates through sheer selfishness (his assist count should be at double figures if I'm not mistaken). If you are young and can dribble and fool and beat defenders, you dribble and overdribble. And that's completely okay for a 19 year old tricky winger. Cristiano Ronaldo was far worse at that age for example.

Last edited:

Stric

He looks like a douche and does stepovers. So people automatically think his game is selfish. In reality this is happening: He has immense natural talent. The close control he possesses at high speed is very rare. While someone like Tello kicks the ball 5 yards infront of himself towards the touchline and tries to run after it faster than the defender (those type of players get figured out rather quickly by the way), Deulofeu has the ability to maneuver through tighter spaces. He's not a support player in the mould of Pedro or Sanchez who passes the ball back to the midfielders, "works hard" and poaches some goals here and there. He's the type of player who can make things happen on his own. Given his age, he's of course overdoing it often with the dribbling, running into 1 defender too many or holding onto the ball for too long. But that's his decision making which isn't developed yet to elite standards rather than him not wanting to pass the ball to better positioned teammates through sheer selfishness (his assist count should be at double figures if I'm not mistaken). If you are young and can dribble and fool and beat defenders, you dribble and overdribble. And that's completely okay for a 19 year old tricky winger. Cristiano Ronaldo was far worse at that age for example.

Good point.

I'm just "sad" that, as long as either of Villa, Neymar or whichever striker we're going to buy is in the squad, Deulofeu won't have regular chances to be at his best - which is on the left. Probably for years to come. This doesn't have to be the case, but I can see him having to settle for the right or whatever other possibility is available as long as we have a big-shot right-footed striker in the team. I don't know how to say this without sounding stupid, getting the wrong message across or evoking an angry reaction from people, but, as talented and hard working and brilliant and everything else that Messi is, he was also "lucky" to be left-footed. That must be a huge leg up in many situations.

JamDav1982

He looks like a douche and does stepovers. So people automatically think his game is selfish. In reality this is happening: He has immense natural talent. The close control he possesses at high speed is very rare. While someone like Tello kicks the ball 5 yards infront of himself towards the goalline and tries to run after it faster than the defender (those type of players get figured out rather quickly by the way), Deulofeu has the ability to maneuver through tighter spaces. He's not a support player in the mould of Pedro or Sanchez who passes the ball back to the midfielders, "works hard" and poaches some goals here and there. He's the type of player who can make things happen on his own. Given his age, he's of course overdoing it often with the dribbling, running into 1 defender too many or holding onto the ball for too long. But that's his decision making which isn't developed yet to elite standards rather than him not wanting to pass the ball to better positioned teammates through sheer selfishness (his assist count should be at double figures if I'm not mistaken). If you are young and can dribble and fool and beat defenders, you dribble and overdribble. And that's completely okay for a 19 year old tricky winger. Cristiano Ronaldo was far worse at that age for example.

Ronaldo was worse at what?

Ronaldo at 19 was a better and more complete player than Delofeu by a long way.

jamrock

Good news but for all the talk of a ego, same thing many said about thiago, the kind is barca to the bone could have left on so many occasions, if given the chance he will stay with us for a very long time.

Saw the talent when he was 15 and I was more active in watching the youth so don't going to say much their, except he has all the tools to be a great modern day play

Home of Barca Fans