Gerard Deulofeu

mixer

Deulofeu used to play mostly on left but this season he has been playing on the right wing all the time. So Neymar won't be a problem for him, his competition will be with Pedro.
Ok, then.

I think Deulofeu can be better than Pedro (if he isn't). I hope to see Neymar-Messi-Deulo soon

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Ok, then.

I think Deulofeu can be better than Pedro (if he isn't). I hope to see Neymar-Messi-Deulo soon

I'd rather see Messi reverting either to his initial position on the right wing so as to enable us to play with a real #9, or to seem him play in the hole in a more naturalised #10 position becoming a more active link between the midfield and rest of our forwards.

Then again, if we are to continue with this false 9 shambles we might just as well hope our wingers would improve dramatically in order for the system to function to its potential.

Indignado

I'd rather see Messi reverting either to his initial position on the right wing so as to enable us to play with a real #9, or to seem him play in the hole in a more naturalised #10 position becoming a more active link between the midfield and rest of our forwards.

Then again, if we are to continue with this false 9 shambles we might just as well hope our wingers would improve dramatically in order for the system to function to its potential.

I don't see Messi being a winger again and I don't think he'll become our 10 either as he's too good of a striker. False 9 role suits him perfectly but it requires great wingers and especially wingers who score a lot because they're the real strikers in that system. If it works it's just as good as the "usual" system if not better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Neymar won't be scoring left and right in Europe so I expect his skill and flair to be put to use in a playmaking fashion on the right wing. Deulofeu is much better at cutting in from the left and being involved than he is on the right. It could swap either way but Neymar would definitely be the better option for the right and Deulofeu can evolve to be a much better option on the left.

Mesu

Neymar won't be scoring left and right in Europe so I expect his skill and flair to be put to use in a playmaking fashion on the right wing. Deulofeu is much better at cutting in from the left and being involved than he is on the right. It could swap either way but Neymar would definitely be the better option for the right and Deulofeu can evolve to be a much better option on the left.

I agree, also neymar can finish well with his left foot unlike Deulofeu so Neymar on right & Deulofeu on the left wing would be ideal. I'm just worried what will happen to Tello when neymar arrives..he seems to be improved everytime he plays

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona are aware that Borussia Dortmund are interested in Barcelona B winger Gerard Deulofeu (19), whose contract expires in 2014 [sport]

mixer

He won't be sold. The club has high expectations on him.

The management will eventually loan him if Ney comes.

loozy

He has to stay.

From what I've seen of him, I quite like it and I wouldn't want to start to have to dislike him once he transfers to Dortmund ;) However, I think he needs more playing time next season.

Home of Barca Fans