Gareth Bale

Boris

Sorry if it sounds I am against bale. He is a decent guy and I have no problem with him

I just think he's overhyped and we need to see how he performs at a top club in later stages of big tournaments and league campaigns.

At the moment he's a very good player, but not in the world class category

So only player's in big clubs can prove they're world class ?
It's stupid. Imo, world class players are those who can do the things that the other ''normal'' players can't. Xavi-passing, Iniesta- dribbling, passing, Ronaldo- immense power and speed, Bale - same as Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic-strength, technique. Messi- Well, Messi can do it all, he's something bigger. There's more of WC players but u get the point.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Ronaldo- immense power and speed

That's not why Ronaldo is worldclass at all. Those are just physical characteristics you can train, it's not like Usain Bolt can be a world class player.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Players do have a certain threshold, sure, just like everyone, but a lot of players could still go to the gym a lot more than they do.

T

The Kingslayer

Not sure what all the Bale bashing is about, not world class? If Bale is not world class or if he hasn't been playing at a world class level then i don't know what world class is :icon_confused:

As for Champions League, hasn't Bale proved himself in the Champions when he was still a developing player scoring a hat-trick against (then) European Champions Inter at the San Siro?

The guy is quality, the 3rd best attacking/flare/match winning player in the world, quite possibly even the 3rd best player in the world in general and not that far off Ronaldo and Messi's level as people think.

T

The Kingslayer

Now that it seems we have Neymar, this will surely make Madrid more determined to get Bale

Bale won't go to Madrid this summer, he's signed contract with BT Vision, i know he says he's open for a move overseas at some point but i can't see it myself. I think Bale's got Manchester United written all over him either this summer or next.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Chances are poor but we're selling Villa and if Alexis goes (plus on loan, fringe players), we'd have enough funds. Neymar-Messi-Bale sounds nice.

USWAY

Empty threat seeing as you have funds now only for defensive players.

I dunno. The budget he sets during the summer always seem like BS in the long run. Plus you still have Valdes and Villa to sell, and maybe Alves. That'd net you at least around 30 million euros.

T

The Kingslayer

Simply because we don't want Bale and it's obvious, nothing to do with funds.

Why is that obvious? If funds wasn't an issue, any team would want Bale, but a front 3 of Neymar/Messi and Bale would never work.

Home of Barca Fans