Gareth Bale

SKS-

Intrigued to see if the gaffer sticks with Bale as the central attacking mid.

To be fair, I don't think he played that poorly, but I certainly think they have better options for that role (James, Isco).

Obviously Bale is going to have to play somewhere, but currently they are doing so at the cost of playing an effective midfielder on the wing. Perhaps as the season progresses he may find comfort in the position, but as it stands, I can't imagine RM fans being too pleased with the current state of affairs with regards to the starting XI.

EdmondDantes

I think most Real Madrid players despise him as well. The fact he cost 3 times his actual worth, the way Perez demands him to play every game (at the expense of a player worthy of the shirt) and sacked Ancelotti because Bale flopped last season and now has Benitez playing him in a free role, ie he does no defensive work like last season but plays wherever rather than just on the flanks. His fist touch and close control are just poor and most La Liga defenders can deal with him easily.

I hope he keeps playing; as that means you lot are out of the race; well until Ronaldo stops carrying the team on his back that is.

raskolnikov

I think most Real Madrid players despise him as well. The fact he cost 3 times his actual worth, the way Perez demands him to play every game (at the expense of a player worthy of the shirt) and sacked Ancelotti because Bale flopped last season and now has Benitez playing him in a free role, ie he does no defensive work like last season but plays wherever rather than just on the flanks. His fist touch and close control are just poor and most La Liga defenders can deal with him easily.

I hope he keeps playing; as that means you lot are out of the race; well until Ronaldo stops carrying the team on his back that is.

I dont get why he doesnt leave, they would love him back in the epl, he would be an instant star.
At real from what I read it seems he is extremely isolated, everyone dislikes him except Modric, he doesnt speak Spanish and gets favourable treatment because of Perez not willing to admit making a mistake.
And on top of that his big hero who he constantly tried to copy als despises him.

Just say fuck it and move to City or United and be happy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He looked better when he drifted out left. Not a big fan of Bale, BUT I think people sometimes are way too harsh on him.

And I don't see why any Madrid player would despise him more than Cristiano who keep yelling at his team mates when they try to create chances for him while he's dicking around waiting for a tap-in or a chance to launch a long-shot.

raskolnikov

He looked better when he drifted out left. Not a big fan of Bale, BUT I think people sometimes are way too harsh on him.

And I don't see why any Madrid player would despise him more than Cristiano who keep yelling at his team mates when they try to create chances for him while he's dicking around waiting for a tap-in or a chance to launch a long-shot.

Cristiano performs and seems to be an easy going guy off the pitch who is just obsessed with self improvement. Bale is kind of the odd man out who cant communicate with them and doesnt warrant a record breaking fee and way higher salary than most.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cristiano performs and seems to be an easy going guy off the pitch who is just obsessed with self improvement. Bale is kind of the odd man out who cant communicate with them and doesnt warrant a record breaking fee and way higher salary than most.

Florentino never gives 'defensive players' a high salary unless it's someone like Ramos now and even then he gave in after a long battle.

Bale was sure as hell not worth a record breaking fee, but he did deserve a good salary for what he did in the PL and how good he was there. Apart from Benzema, there are no other players in their squad you could say deserves a high salary. He was also good in his first season and scored some really decisive goals.

You're probably right when it comes to communicating with his team mates though.

Morten

I used to like Bale, now however, now i have nightmares about him when i sleep. They have been less frequent during pre-season, but they always come back, his donkey face will haunt me forever. MAKE IT STOP, PEREZ!!!!

Morten

One a more serious note, the club is owned by the members, or so i heard? How many are there? If they are not enough, there are certainly enough fans. Us supporters should throw in a few bucks each and buy Bales contract or something, then release him from it.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I know I might sound like a douche but I wish fans would boo him more. He doesn't deserve to be in Real Madrid,he's taking the place from other players who deserve it more. He doesn't even try to learn Spanish which is as disrespectful as it gets.I wish fans give him hell at next game which is at home and hopefully force Perez to sell his donkey ass.

Home of Barca Fans