Gareth Bale

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bale needs to grow a football brain to match his physical attributes... His mentality is good also as he is always improving and is resistant to pressure.

Antimadridista1

I don't like the players who can't play in tight spaces and Bale is one of them.
If he's not given space to push the ball and run like a headless chicken he won't perform well.

That's the reason why Real Madrid fans were not happy when their team faced buses.
He's a good player but seriously over-rated ; his first touch is average and he's worth 50/60M euro, no more.

H

Haruko The Goon

This lad is fucking awesome, surely to establish himself as one of the world's best players in no time.

no football brain? lol.
I know a good player when I see one and he is fantastic...his runs in behind are so deadly, always managing to find space in wide areas, his dribbling and pace is exceptional and his technique is top drawer. He reminds me so much of the greatest ever PL player, Thierry Henry. You can see what's coming a lot of the time, but there is absolutely no one that can stop it happening. His turn of pace, his balance, his agility, his close control... The power and change of direction are all sensational and even better than Ronaldo in that sense.

One thing I must say is that little dribble he uses to 'get around the corner' is absolutely immense. You need a lot of power, pace, and then the technique to be able to consistently pull that off. Messi is really good at it too, but he doesn't need to use it as often as Bale due to being a much better footballer.

I knew it when I said Bale would be so so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM08y5sFamA#t=35 - go to 30 seconds. Heres what I mean when I say "get around the corner" little Jack Wilshere does it.

---

only an idiot could watch his superhuman performances against Inter and not realise he was destined for greatness. The pace, power and dribbling he displayed in those games were out of the fucking ordinary, what kind of lunatic would play it down ffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6QmtUQRwQw

Last edited:
B

BrianSwan

This lad is fucking awesome, surely to establish himself as one of the world's best players in no time.

no football brain? lol.
I know a good player when I see one and he is fantastic...his runs in behind are so deadly, always managing to find space in wide areas, his dribbling and pace is exceptional and his technique is top drawer. He reminds me so much of the greatest ever PL player, Thierry Henry. You can see what's coming a lot of the time, but there is absolutely no one that can stop it happening. His turn of pace, his balance, his agility, his close control... The power and change of direction are all sensational and even better than Ronaldo in that sense.

One thing I must say is that little dribble he uses to 'get around the corner' is absolutely immense. You need a lot of power, pace, and then the technique to be able to consistently pull that off. Messi is really good at it too, but he doesn't need to use it as often as Bale due to being a much better footballer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM08y5sFamA#t=35 - go to 30 seconds. Heres what I mean when I say "get around the corner" little Jack Wilshere does it.

---

only an idiot could watch his superhuman performances against Inter and not realise he was destined for greatness. The pace, power and dribbling he displayed in those games were out of the fucking ordinary, what kind of lunatic would play it down ffs.

But he only scored 3 awesome goals doe, he did nothing else the whole game!

H

Haruko The Goon

3 goals, is that all mate? Damn, I must be mistaken. Shit player then.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

You don't need any technique to do that, I do it pretty regularly when I play, you just kick and accelerate and if people don't expect it you blow past them. Bale's technique and dribbling aren't good at all, he has a great shot and is indeed fast and strong but his dribbling consists of kick and run, little more.

V

voodoomaster

no football brain? lol.

---

Yeah, so brilliant, fantastic, fucking awesome, exeptional......to unfortunate then that he cant handle a football, he is the usain bolt with decent skills. In my opinion he is boring ad F. To Watch. I prefer players who can handle the ball, like iniesta......buy oh, I forgot, bale has much better tequnice and close controll. I prefer Barca football, not hit and run football. But if you have a fetish for premier league...go Ahead.

onzeXI

You don't need any technique to do that, I do it pretty regularly when I play, you just kick and accelerate and if people don't expect it you blow past them. Bale's technique and dribbling aren't good at all, he has a great shot and is indeed fast and strong but his dribbling consists of kick and run, little more.

The name of the game is to score goals and to prevent goals. You don't get extra points for looking pretty. If Bale wants to score goals and not look technical enough for your satisfaction, I doubt that Ancelotti cares.

Paganinisrvnge

Some serious butthurt in regards to Bale here on Barcaforum. He scored a CL winner and scored vs us in the Copa Del Rey final. It would be nice if Neymar stopped doing stepovers and falling over for a few minutes and provided more end product. Neymar's most important goals were the Supercup goal vs Atletico, the goal in the first Clasico, and the goal against Atletico at home in the CL final. Pretty decent but he missed a lot of other chances that could have won us titles so you guys can't talk crap about Bale when he's the one who scored a CL winner.

ebc_99

Some serious butthurt in regards to Bale here on Barcaforum. He scored a CL winner and scored vs us in the Copa Del Rey final. It would be nice if Neymar stopped doing stepovers and falling over for a few minutes and provided more end product. Neymar's most important goals were the Supercup goal vs Atletico, the goal in the first Clasico, and the goal against Atletico at home in the CL final. Pretty decent but he missed a lot of other chances that could have won us titles so you guys can't talk crap about Bale when he's the one who scored a CL winner.

Bale did well but Neymar has much more talent and potential. Real is also a much easier team to play for and if Neymar had the space that Bale got then we would see a much more impressive return from him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Everyone is desperate to call Neymar a flop. It's his first season in Europe and adapting to Barca is not easy.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The name of the game is to score goals and to prevent goals. You don't get extra points for looking pretty. If Bale wants to score goals and not look technical enough for your satisfaction, I doubt that Ancelotti cares.

I was disagreeing with Haruko's point about Bale being a good dribbler with great technique, I never denied he's a good player.

Home of Barca Fans