Friendly: Barca - Boca

behindbrowneyes

Because of ter Stegen.

AFAIK all of Valverde, Koeman and now Xavi intended on bringing their own GK Coaches as most managers do, but he was kept because of ter Stegen.

It was even reported that ter Stegen only renewed on the condition that de la Fuente would stay.

Sounds familiar. Very stupid if true. Typical of Bartomeu though. Not that there isn't any development, MAtS seems to get worse year by year which is very uncommon for a goalkeeper his age.

malvolio

Because of ter Stegen.

AFAIK all of Valverde, Koeman and now Xavi intended on bringing their own GK Coaches as most managers do, but he was kept because of ter Stegen.

It was even reported that ter Stegen only renewed on the condition that de la Fuente would stay.

So the guy is here since before Ter Stegen. Survived 3 presidents and multiple managers.

And all that barcaforum comes up with is this shite story on how De la Fuente is kept at the club because Ter Stegen wants it.

Dumbest theory around if you ask me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So the guy is here since before Ter Stegen. Survived 3 presidents and multiple managers.

And all that barcaforum comes up with is this shite story on how De la Fuente is kept at the club because Ter Stegen wants it.

Except it's been reported by multiple outlets.

behindbrowneyes

At least that's what was reported. Also, Setien actually brought his own goalkeeping coach.
Elsewhere, Marc-Andre ter Stegen has preferred to work with Jose Ramon de la Fuente as his goalkeeper coach instead of Jon Pascua, who arrived with Setien in January. The Germany international has a great relationship with De La Fuente, which has raised questions about the need for two goalkeeping coaches.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelo...ns-relationship-with-players-strained-sources

There were also rumours about Xavi and Koeman wanting to bring their own goalkeeping coaches, but in the end De La Fuente always stayed. Now we can say it's all bullshit, but there seems to be a connection between MAtS and Ramon. And yes, Ramon was already at the club before MAtS joined.

My criticism towards de la Fuente might have been premature tbf. MAtS developing in the wrong direction could be accounted for by his ongoing knee issues in the last two or three years.

malvolio

At least that's what was reported. Also, Setien actually brought his own goalkeeping coach.

There were also rumours about Xavi and Koeman wanting to bring their own goalkeeping coaches, but in the end De La Fuente always stayed. Now we can say it's all bullshit, but there seems to be a connection between MAtS and Ramon. And yes, Ramon was already at the club before MAtS joined.

My criticism towards de la Fuente might have been premature tbf. MAtS developing in the wrong direction could be accounted for by his ongoing knee issues in the last two or three years.

Of course there is a connection. When you have a work colleague for so many years it is bound to happen. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

What I'm asking is how De la Fuente survived 3 presidents and a couple of coaches all these years?

Home of Barca Fans