Friendlies

XaviMessiGirl

Italia 4 - 0 San Marino

Could & should have been a bigger beating than that but I think Italia were being respectful. They had some 20 shots on goal & almost 80% possession, neither Buffon nor Sirigu really had to do anything the entire match. Other than Pirlo & Buffon they played with mostly a second squad (Balotelli subbed in later). Pirlo with beautiful goal from a free kick.

89Norcal

Italia 4 - 0 San Marino

Could & should have been a bigger beating than that but I think Italia were being respectful. They had some 20 shots on goal & almost 80% possession, neither Buffon nor Sirigu really had to do anything the entire match. Other than Pirlo & Buffon they played with mostly a second squad (Balotelli subbed in later). Pirlo with beautiful goal from a free kick.

I need a refresher on why major NTs are getting friendlies with minnows.

XaviMessiGirl

I need a refresher on why major NTs are getting friendlies with minnows.

Well those two playing each other is understandable geographically as San Marino is technically on the mainland of Italia, I agree it's not really beneficial for either side other than that though.

89Norcal

Well those two playing each other is understandable geographically as San Marino is technically on the mainland of Italia, I agree it's not really beneficial for either side other than that though.

That was my first thought but San Marino are soooo small compared to Italy, you would think that a year out from the WC they would be playing some significant friendlies. And I'm sure SM don't like walking out to get their asses handed to them.

XaviMessiGirl

That was my first thought but San Marino are soooo small compared to Italy, you would think that a year out from the WC they would be playing some significant friendlies. And I'm sure SM don't like walking out to get their asses handed to them.

Gave Prandelli a chance to try out some of the guys who don't normally start too, you could argue he could do that in any friendly but I think the tougher friendlies should be for the regulars to get practice. There's one coming up against Argentina in August, that should be a good one.

Interesting about San Marino, their coach is a gym teacher for his regular job & I heard (not sure if confirmed) that he coaches the NT for free.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Gave Prandelli a chance to try out some of the guys who don't normally start too, you could argue he could do that in any friendly but I think the tougher friendlies should be for the regulars to get practice. There's one coming up against Argentina in August, that should be a good one.

Interesting about San Marino, their coach is a gym teacher for his regular job & I heard (not sure if confirmed) that he coaches the NT for free.

They should hire Tony Pulis

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

It's all political.

89Norcal

That's true. And I'm not surprised about their coach, San Marino have one of the smallest player pools in the world I hear. Plus they are ranked below 200 iirc.

It's all political.

What are the political motives? Not really familiar with Italy's football association or politics.

impeh

Hi, its me..
OFFICIAL - Brazil XI: Júlio César; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, Fernando; Neymar, Oscar, Lucas; Fred.

OFFICIAL - England XI: Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Jones, Lampard, Carrick, Milner, Walcott; Rooney

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
OFFICIAL - Brazil XI: Júlio César; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, Fernando; Neymar, Oscar, Lucas; Fred.

OFFICIAL - England XI: Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Jones, Lampard, Carrick, Milner, Walcott; Rooney

It's like a preview of the final

F

Flavia

That's not Brazil's official lineup. Scolari made some changes:
Julio César, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz e Filipe Luís; Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho e Oscar; Hulk, Neymar e Fred.

Hulk :/

Home of Barca Fans