Franck Kessie

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi actually said Kessie never gets tired, so don't think there's an issue with that.

Then his workrate is just naturally low, which is terrible for a CM/DM. One thing Keita always offered was workrate.

Kessie's ball-winning stats have been low throughout his career as well. It could be that the board and/or Xavi did not fully understand what kind of player Kessie was before signing him, judging him largely by his physical profile. This would also explain why he plays so little.

This transfer reminds me of that of Song quite a bit. He was also an absolute mismatch in terms of what was expected of him (Busi's sub and a combative DM) versus what he actually was at Arsenal (creative CM). Although his ball-winning stats both for Arsenal and Barca dwarf anything Kessie has shown in his career...

JohnN

I don't know what his best position is but the man can't be bothered to move fast. He is sluggish, laid back and relaxed. I doubt this would change at any position.

Total-Football

Then his workrate is just naturally low, which is terrible for a CM/DM. One thing Keita always offered was workrate.

Kessie's ball-winning stats have been low throughout his career as well. It could be that the board and/or Xavi did not fully understand what kind of player Kessie was before signing him, judging him largely by his physical profile. This would also explain why he plays so little.

This transfer reminds me of that of Song quite a bit. He was also an absolute mismatch in terms of what was expected of him (Busi's sub and a combative DM) versus what he actually was at Arsenal (creative CM). Although his ball-winning stats both for Arsenal and Barca dwarf anything Kessie has shown in his career...

To me this comparison is an insult to Keith. He has a pedigree. He was voted the best player (or top three can't remember) of the youth world cup ! The guy is talented as fuck

Edit: has was voted best player of the world cup under 20

Birdy

To me this comparison is an insult to Keith. He has a pedigree. He was voted the best player (or top three can't remember) of the youth world cup ! The guy is talented as fuck

Edit: has was voted best player of the world cup under 20

Kessie was also voted best African player of serie A

This discussion is super demeaning to Kessie. His skills are several times better than Keita's, the difference is we are not using them this time around

malvolio

Birdy with another shit take because he overhyped a bum who was evidently not at the required level.

Best African player in Serie A when there are not many good Africans around and most play in the EPL anyway.

This fat fuck was barely carrying his legs in those international friendlies back in the Spring and his supporters were finding excuses on how he is not motivated. Now we're not using him as we should. :lol:

Remember folks - over the last 10 years no player that flopped here and we sold has went on to perform better at a similar level elsewhere.

Porque

He's solid. For a guy who has a decent pass, moves positionally Well and is solid as a rock, I wonder if he could be tested more at DMC.

Windhook

The Kessie I saw live was physical beast for AC Milan. I don't see anything in that aspect from him at Barca.

I was excited when we got him, now I'm completely let down. Playing well against teams who celebrate your presence is not warming my soul.

Porque

The Kessie I saw live was physical beast for AC Milan. I don't see anything in that aspect from him at Barca.

I was excited when we got him, now I'm completely let down. Playing well against teams who celebrate your presence is not warming my soul.

I saw his game versus Man UTD and thought he was excellent. I rewatchee his complete HL of it a few weeks ago and it wasn't that impressive. Basically like what he is showing here. Just that the rest of his team- and opponents, were worse.

Not to say he is a bad player, he is good. And we need squad options we can trust to rotate, which he is.

Home of Barca Fans