Fifa World Rankings

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
It all has to do with bad results of the past. They get scrapped from the calculation as time passes. That is why even though the Netherlands won 2 matches and Spain 1 vs Liechtenstein, Spain is back on top.

Last edited:

Jenks

The rankings are a joke. A game was called off and we somehow jumped to fourth, then won two games and dropped to eighth :lol:

veryfatchocobo

why is Ivory coast ahead of Ghana?,Ghana are the only good African team the rest are embarrassing to be honest.

Maybe Egypt and Algeria aren't bad but there north African.
It's like asking why Australia are close to Korea in the rankings (sorry Aussies...)

F

Flavia

New ranking's up:

kbbtb5.jpg

Brazil at 14th... And this is from playing friendlies with weak nt's :p

Jenks

Belgium just keep failing to perform though. It makes sense I suppose, Belgium is a very strange country in terms of it's cultural make-up, it's probably difficult to form a cohesive identity within the squad.

Wouterinho

Belgium just keep failing to perform though. It makes sense I suppose, Belgium is a very strange country in terms of it's cultural make-up, it's probably difficult to form a cohesive identity within the squad.
And a few years ago, the quality within the squad wasn't anywhere near their current quality.
I do think that they are starting to perform, they've been playing good lately and I think they'll qualify for the World Cup.

Paganinisrvnge

How did Colombia go up 13 spots? I know they beat Uruguay and Chile but I'm surprised. Hopefully they can continue the success and qualify for the world cup.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy to see Mali above Belgium. Qualitywise, the difference is just immense

With all due respect to Belgium, when was the last time Belgium qualified for anything, let alone achieve some notable result at big competition.
While the rankings are often strange, they are still reflection of team results and not which team has bigger names.

It's like with Greece, everyone says this or that team would steamroll over them. And in reality, more often than not, they qualify and grab positive results. It's what you show on the field that counts.

CatalinR10

Romania has gone 11 spots and is on 46. And when I think that in September 97' we were on the 3'rd spot ....damn it :(

Edman

Pretty nice though to see belgium go from spot #53 to #30 in 2 months. Also a great 0-3 victory in Serbia last night. We will definitely qualify for this WC.

Home of Barca Fans