FIFA U20 World Cup

Has a lot of control and great turning ability.

How come people say he was unimpressive or nowhere near Sterling?

Suso didn't get as many chances as Sterling this season. Suso is technically a much better player and needs to play more next season, although his technique was clearly great, The problem in England is we have had many players in Sterlings mould who beat players with pace rather than tricks, get to a good position an not have the intelligence/ability to either pick out a man - Lennon, Walcott, wright-Phillips, but the fact they are fast makes them more highly rated than they should be.

BerkeleyBernie

Watching the first 20 minutes so far, gotta say USA U20s look better than the USMNT. :lol: Much more technical, work the short passes, and good job high pressing Spain. Might be the generation that finally catches up with the rest of the world.

Oliver for Spain another Xavi-esque midfielder in the making, working his 360s.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Atletico have some gems in Saul, Oliver, and Manquillo

Manquillo is unbelievably fast (among the fastest in football I'd say) and his surging forward runs are impossible to handle. Defensively he has great positioning and tackling ability. I have really high hopes for him.

Oliver resembles Xavi in style so much except he has a greater preference for long balls and is much more mobile and energetic, dribbling a lot and running up and down the pitch.

Jenks

Suso didn't get as many chances as Sterling this season. Suso is technically a much better player and needs to play more next season, although his technique was clearly great, The problem in England is we have had many players in Sterlings mould who beat players with pace rather than tricks, get to a good position an not have the intelligence/ability to either pick out a man - Lennon, Walcott, wright-Phillips, but the fact they are fast makes them more highly rated than they should be.

Wish i'd seen this game instead of his ones around December where fatigue set in!!!, I hope he can sustain that type of ability and form cos around these ages the types of players I mentioned have had dips that last for about 3-4 seasons, and never seem to fulfilled their initial potential.

impeh

Hi, its me..
England; Johnstone, Flanagan, Potts, Dier, Lascelles, Coady (c), Ward-Prowse, Lundstram, Williams, Barkley, Kane.

Iraq; Mohammed, Ali, Suad, Ali F, Saif, Jawad, Mohanad, Humam, Mohammed J, Mustafa, Dhurgham

We got this. :brevet:

Babylonian

Superb how Iraq has fought back!
Haha those Englishmen were incredibly weak besides the 1st 40 minutes! I just find it weird how it is that English NTs perform this weak, while the accommodations theyve got are beyond excellent. And infrastructure is also excellent. I really wonder as an Iraqi, what Iraq would be capable of doing if we had the same accommodations, infrastructure, guidance and if we were allowed to play at home? But yea.. that wont happen anytime soon with us knowing nothing but war blood and destruction since I dont know how long... Really hope shit changes soon, as we Iraqis can only hope..

Anywayz Rafidayn Lions make us proud '07 style!

Jenks

I just find it weird how it is that English NTs perform this weak, while the accommodations theyve got are beyond excellent. And infrastructure is also excellent.

Infrastructure counts for shit if the coaching is poor and the lads don't get first team chances. Barkley being played on the left was a bizarre choice, and continues the Pearce trend of inexplicably sticking technical midfielders out wide as he has done with Wilshere, Cleverley and McEachran. The sooner the new breed of coaches arrive the better, the FA should chase Rene Meulensteen to offset the current dinosaurs.

Have to put things into perspective though, that Iraq side had 7 full internationals in it and hadn't been weakened by an U21 tournament. England still should have seen the result out, but still, it's not quite as embarrassing as it first appears.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Spain kickoff in 15 minutes

Lineup: Sotres, Manquillo, Osede, Puerto, Saul, Oliver, Suso, Bernat, Denis, Jese, Deulofeu

Home of Barca Fans