---------------- VV
-- Alves -- Pique --- Puyol -- Maxwell
------ Masch ----------- Sergio
-- Pedro ------ Xavi --------- Iniesta
-------------- Messi

nothing will get through that ... nothing ... and we will still own the ball

maybe switch sergio with masch but i concurr

Birdy

ok... Now maxell is injured the possibility of double pivot or 3 at the back (which i support) is getting very risky...
Keita is a nightmare as a FB.. I would try Pedro there... Even Muniesa, but not mascherano or Keita..

Birdy

1) I dont see even a single reason for double pivot.. Real plays a 4-3-3 which looks more like a 4-5-1 with the MD almost in line.. There is not point for two players there.. The space that Ozil would be occupying (between the lines) is vacant with the new Murinho system..

2)
Mourinho is an incredible man manager who knows how to make tactical adjustments (most of them basic in my opinion) in order to give his side the advantage.

With Porto and in the EPL, he used mostly 4-3-3 because everyone else in the league was using 4-4-2. He had his spare man in midfield and so Chelsea controlled most matches.

At Real, he started with the World Cup Flavor of the Month 4-2-3-1. He started to modify this approach very quickly after the 5-0. The trivote has given Real its best results. If Real were still playing the 4-2-3-1, they would not be nearly as effective as they are now.

The formation and tactics Real use now is much closer to what Mourinho had at Chelsea, although it usually was not a trivote midfield with Lampard. Also, Mourinho doesn't always use a target man like he did at Chelsea with Drogba.

Guardiola and Barca must find an answer for the trivote (mainly for Pepe). If not for Pepe, I don't think Real would have much of a chance of getting Barca off the ball.

I think the answer to the trivote is to move the play to the flanks.. that s why i suggested a 3 man at the back with full backs running up and down the flank (Though without maxwell, idk if this can happen)... the space in the middle is too congested... Messi should also stop roaming around centrally.. I think he can be effective in the flank too.. If you remember 08/09 season he was not always cutting inside but also goind down the right flank (close to the box)
if alvez stops coming inside, and whoever is going to play on the lft, stretch the play the best possible way, i think it can work..
MAdrid was not really tested wide and they do have shortcomings there.. Messi and pedro should stay close to the FB to create 2 vs 1 situation..
-Alvez-----------------------------------LB-
--Messi-----------------------------Pedro--

Trequartista

The good

Have I told you before That you are my favourite member?Brilliant viedeo thanx anyway
1-Is it just me who noticed how Deep Xavi started the game,he was close,really close on Busquets right,he had to do this because of Man U's high pressure but then he play up on the pitch when Man U defended a bit deeply,which allowed him to appear more on the final third and hence give that asist to Pedro
2-Villa appearing more centrally is due to the fact that Alves usually covers the whole right wing which,Guess thats beetter for him than playing on the left when a player like Abidal doesnt do Alves' same job on the left Pedro can give width so next season I would love to see Villa more on the right
3-In Pedro's goal,its really impressing how Pedro and Villa both cut in at the same time then both decided to move two steps out wide and hence both were avilable for the pass
4_also the brilliance of Busquets toward the end of the video,what a player,Man of the match for me with noone even close,Now we are starting to undestand why Pep is in love with him

Z

ZiZu

My dream eleven

Iniesta. Messi. Sanchez

Thiago. Xavi. Cesc

Busquets

Abidal. Pique. Alves

Valdes

Home of Barca Fans