FC Barcelona Finances

raskolnikov

Best case scenario It will take 18/24 months to cover a whole nation.

I don't have any data on Spain but this is for France as an exemple:

To vaccinate the entire adult population (52 million people) by August 2021, 468,346 doses would have to be injected each day.
At the current rate (average of the last 7 days), the goal of vaccinating the entire adult population would be reached on May 12, 2024.

ref: https://covidtracker.fr/vaccintracker/
Maybe not everyone needs to be vaccinated to have matches again though. With most vulnerable protected we should reopen society. Hospitals dont get full anymore and we need to work on the economic damage.

serghei

Maybe not everyone needs to be vaccinated to have matches again though. With most vulnerable protected we should reopen society. Hospitals dont get full anymore and we need to work on the economic damage.

This should be the best strategy, but not whether this will be done remains to be seen. Still, it will take until next year imo even to vaccinate the exposed groups.

Nazario1985

Wrong filling stadiums with non vaccinated people is calling for trouble, and you can't know who is vulnerable or not.

This is the least of priorities for governments & if they do they will get the biggest backlash they can imagine from healthcare pros ... nurses & docs are tired after the huge mistake to reopen some crowded facilites in the summer.

Now France is going into a 3rd Lockdown & Spain doubled the daily cases compared to octobre "20.

Football clubs & orgs need adaptation to this era as many business did.

serghei

Wrong filling stadiums with non vaccinated people is calling for trouble, and you can't know who is vulnerable or not.

This is the least of priorities for governments & if they do they will get the biggest backlash they can imagine from healthcare pros ... nurses & docs are tired after the huge mistake to reopen some crowded facilites in the summer.

Now France is going into a 3rd Lockdown & Spain doubled the daily cases compared to octobre "20.

Football clubs & orgs need adaptation to this era as many business did.

It's off topic, but you can. The number shows clearly that some groups are vastly more exposed, others are basically safe (exceptions aside). Teenagers, young adults, and adults are safe generally. Older adults (those approaching 60s), and especially old people, as well as those with preexisting conditions, are exposed the most. And the differences are not small.

You cannot carry on more years with these severe measures lol until every dude is vaccinated. And even then, the vaccine doesn't even last years probably, so the people should need another dose again probably, before some even got it the first time. Like this, you never get out of lockdown. It's a loop that can go on for a decade.

The best plan would be to vaccinate the exposed groups and gradually reopen things. And see if cases subside (they should, by a huge proportion). If they subside, relax more measures, until you gradually get to the pre-corona situation.

Nazario1985

Yes i do agree based on how old you are / ethnicity / and healthcare record you can assume some one is vulnerable or not.

BUT as shown some young "looking" healthy people are in fact not ... i remember the first weeks of the first wave, a spanish coach died from covid and he was in late 20's ... why ? he had leukemia and now one knew.

And how are you going to check all this every weekend for every ticket buyer ?

Yes we can go longer with this measure as we don't have a choice, most business did adapt from one man shows to computer programming.

Sport events will be the LAST priority for any government, like the very last one.

It's not really offtopic as we this is HUGE point in any club finances the drop from TV rights & tickets.

And as we all know our commercial share was never good looking.

BeinSport is doing a breakdown on FCB finances should be published soon.

serghei

Yes i do agree based on how old you are / ethnicity / and healthcare record you can assume some one is vulnerable or not.

BUT as shown some young "looking" healthy people are in fact not ... i remember the first weeks of the first wave, a spanish coach died from covid and he was in late 20's ... why ? he had leukemia and now one knew.

And how are you going to check all this every weekend for every ticket buyer ?

Yes we can go longer with this measure as we don't have a choice, most business did adapt from one man shows to computer programming.

Sport events will be the LAST priority for any government, like the very last one.

It's not really offtopic as we this is HUGE point in any club finances the drop from TV rights & tickets.

And as we all know our commercial share was never good looking.

BeinSport is doing a breakdown on FCB finances should be published soon.

But, those are exceptions. You can't justify keeping severe measures for some isolated cases. You base measures on the general level of threat to public health. If corona subsides, and considerably fewer cases are registered, and especially ICU hospitalizations and deaths, society needs to be open up gradually.

Generally, isolated cases -> relaxed measures, a flood of cases -> harsher measures. The measures need to match the level of threat to the general population.

khaled_a_d

But, those are exceptions. You can't justify keeping severe measures for some isolated cases.

Banning stadiums, which is the main point of his discussion, is not a severe measure.
3rd wave is expected to be,hopefully, less harsh than 2nd one. And vaccination should ease things.
Stadiums can't ask for someone health record, or ask him for physical check up in order to allow him in. Never mind asking them about which vulnerable people they deal with.
I really don't see "allowing less vulnerable " as valid option tbh.
I think at best, you can allow those who can prove they have been vaccinated. Which initially won't be that much most likely but as time goes it will enough to fill good portion of the stadium.

Last edited:

serghei

Banning stadiums, which is the main point of his discussion, is not a severe measure.
3rd wave is expected to be,hopefully, less harsh than 2nd one. And vaccination should ease things.
Stadiums can't ask for someone health record, or ask him for physical check up in order to allow him in. Never mind asking them about which vulnerable people they deal with.
I really don't see "allowing less vulnerable " as valied ootion tbh.
I think at best, you can allow those who can prove they have been vaccinated. Which initially won't be that much most likely but as time goes it will enough to fill good portion of the stadium.

How can you justify banning stadium entrance for groups which are very very less likely to suffer from covid? You justify that currently, of course, because people might pick-up covid there, be asymptomatic or have light symptoms like most healthy youngish people, and spread it to their mothers and fathers who are old and are likely to have issues because of covid and several other health conditions on top of that. But if those are vaccinated... the problem diminishes greatly.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

How can you justify banning stadium entrance for groups which are very very less likely to suffer from covid? You justify that currently, of course, because people might pick-up covid there and spread it to their mothers and fathers which are old and are likely to have issues because of covid. But if those are vaccinated... the problem diminishes greatly.

That is my point, I think you can allow those who has been vaccinated, which aren't huge sum of people at the moment but gradually it will ease things up

serghei

That is my point, I think you can allow those who has been vaccinated, which aren't huge sum of people at the moment but gradually it will ease things up

No, I meant the mothers and fathers who get in contact with the ones who were at the game. If those are vaccinated, the virus circulates among the groups that are known to be far less likely to be affected by it. Not to mention you can impose sanitary and social distance measures (empty seats between people and so on).

You can start to open things up based on that. Not full stadium, but 20% or so is a good start.

Last edited:

Joan

Can always open certain portions of stadiums and maintain the distance. But such decisions shouldn't be rushed.

serghei

Can always open certain portions of stadiums and maintain the distance. But such decisions shouldn't be rushed.

Nearly 2 years after the pandemic started is not rushed. And of course, you'd have to look at the numbers and only do it when the trend is going down. But it would be bad imo to wait too much. The economic damage would be huge.

Joan

Nearly 2.5 years after the pandemic started is not rushed.

Pandemic started in Europe about a year ago, and still hasn't ended. Every measure might be rushed before vaccination takes place. Think cases from Milano are still on everybody's mind.

serghei

Pandemic started in Europe about a year ago, and still hasn't ended. Every measure might be rushed before vaccination takes place. Think cases from Milano are still on everybody's mind.

Sure, and next season it will be 2 years. I'm talking for next season not this one (which is compromised already).

Joan

Sure, and next season it will be 2 years. I'm talking for next season not this one (which is compromised already).

Oh, sorry, glanced over it. Hard to say what happens next season, but I certainly hope part of the stadium will be open for fans.

Even thoutgh they might do it later this season. 20% with proper measures with positive trends doesn't seem impossible. Cinemas are open in some countries, in the end.

Home of Barca Fans