FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Deloitte Money League 2021 showing 19/20 numbers. Compared to Real Madrid and Bayern for example, the area where we were impacted the most was commercial (44m reduction), due to the shut down of the stadium tours and all the club stores as well as sneaky sponsors such as Rakuten taking advantage of the COVID situation to drastically reduce their 55m-a-year fee to 30m a year. Real Madrid did well in that area because it was the first year they took their merchandising in house while Bayern continued to be supported by German conglomerates such as Siemens and Audi (a Bayern corporate shareholder itself).

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...te-uk-deloitte-football-money-league-2021.pdf

malvolio

Deloitte Money League 2021 showing 19/20 numbers. Compared to Real Madrid and Bayern for example, the area where we were impacted the most was commercial (44m reduction), due to the shut down of the stadium tours and all the club stores as well as sneaky sponsors such as Rakuten taking advantage of the COVID situation to drastically reduce their 55m-a-year fee to 30m a year. Real Madrid did well in that area because it was the first year they took their merchandising in house while Bayern continued to be supported by German conglomerates such as Siemens and Audi (a Bayern corporate shareholder itself).

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...te-uk-deloitte-football-money-league-2021.pdf

so we're good. at least on revenue numbers. could have been worse, i guess.

hope we don't lose messi and add a good attacker. then we could think about getting a star in 2022 to replace messi.

wisconsincule

Hopefully this forces Coutinho and Griezmann out.

We have been operating with a large debt for a long time. It’s time to rebuild anyways. We knew we were going to be bad for a couple years post Messi. It is what it is.

Andresito

Staff member

We have been operating with a large debt for a long time. It’s time to rebuild anyways. We knew we were going to be bad for a couple years post Messi. It is what it is.

I think they'd already be gone by now if there were any interested clubs..

Unfortunately we're stuck with them, or we let them go for like 15-20m for Cou and 30-40m for Griezmann.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
so we're good. at least on revenue numbers. could have been worse, i guess.

hope we don't lose messi and add a good attacker. then we could think about getting a star in 2022 to replace messi.

I wouldn't say we are good at all revenue-wise, this season our revenue will drop a lot more since we will literally have zero match-day money and our commercial revenue will still be depressed with everything being shut. I think this goes to show how dependent our commercial revenue is on the Camp Nou tour and the merchandising sales through the brick and motor stores, something that we need to steer away and change; also there is a lot of room for us in exploring and exploiting attracting additional sponsors, something we are lagging behind the likes of Bayern, Manchester United, PSG etc. Of course, with Messi gone potentially this summer it will make it harder to attract sponsors but we will have to do a better job (other clubs without Messi have figured out a way to outdo us there anyways).

If you are asking about whether we will have the money to buy Haaland etc., I am guessing we most likely don't.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

We can't force anybody out, unless we take the nuclear option of terminating their contracts unilaterally (the lesser one being coming into an agreement with the players to terminate their contracts), which will have significant repercussions for the club. Who is going to want to come here if they know we might terminate their contracts against their will?

JamDav1982

We can't force anybody out, unless we take the nuclear option of terminating their contracts unilaterally (the lesser one being coming into an agreement with the players to terminate their contracts), which will have significant repercussions for the club. Who is going to want to come here if they know we might terminate their contracts against their will?

Players would be delighted if went to clubs that payed up their contracts to allow them to go for free.

Gives them more power and options.

There is not the option to terminate contract against their will and not pay it.

Joan

If you are asking about whether we will have the money to buy Haaland etc., I am guessing we most likely don't.

Personally think it's still early for such conclusions. New board needs to see the details of the debt and options at their disposal.

Barca has huge revenue not only because of history, but because of successes. Think they'll do everything before opting for a fall from the top.

Messi983

Elections models for football clubs are both good and bad. You can always elect idiots to run the club. At least with privately owned clubs, it's their investment. You don't have a guy coming in, fucking everything, then resigning and leaving disaster behind him. For others to try to clean up.

But with privately owned clubs you also can't get rid off the owners who are ruining the club. Valencia is a very good example. Malaga as well.

I prefer 10 Bartomeu's over one Peter Lim tbh.

To me the most glaring part in this thread is this: "#FCBarcelona transfer fees debt rose from ?261m to ?323m, up from ?64m in 2017. Net payables of ?155m after considering ?168m owed by other clubs. Mainly owed for Coutinho (Liverpool) ?69m, De Jong (Ajax) ?64m and Pjanic (Juventus) ?58m. Already highest in Europe in 2019."

What the fuck? We sold Arthur to Juventus and bought the oldie Pjanic, somehow we still owed them 58m? The club's erratic high-dollar, high-profile transfers in the recent years (which all started with Neymar's departure to PSG) really started the downward spiral in the last several years both transfer spent-wise (and hence triggered huge borrowing) and wage-wise. If we had been more prudent with our transfers we wouldn't be in a situation like today's.

What's unclear here? His fee was around 60m which will be paid in installments as it's usual in most big money transfers.

Doing well. At least 2 took this seriously :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty obvious. Can't believe people really took him serious. But then again, I'm not surprised. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Personally think it's still early for such conclusions. New board needs to see the details of the debt and options at their disposal.

Barca has huge revenue not only because of history, but because of successes. Think they'll do everything before opting for a fall from the top.

Yes, just my speculation. I was thinking in light of our debt obligations, many of them short term with maturity in the next couple of years or so, together with Espai Barca which everybody seems to agree that is essential and that means another 800m of debt on top of what we already have, I just don't know if we will be willing to pile on even more debt at even higher interest rate to finance high-dollar players like Haaland. This whole thing makes my heart sink.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But with privately owned clubs you also can't get rid off the owners who are ruining the club. Valencia is a very good example. Malaga as well.

I prefer 10 Bartomeu's over one Peter Lim tbh.

Agreed, absolutely. Having rich owners who might have other motives such as using it to make a name for himself or treating it as a cash cow to draw profits from is much worse than incompetent Bartomeu who can be voted out.

What's unclear here? His fee was around 60m which will be paid in installments as it's usual in most big money transfers.

So you are saying both clubs had not paid each other in full or the difference between the trade and just let the transfer fees stay in the account payable? Juventus still owes us around 70m euros for Arthur while we owe them 58m for Pjanic? Got it, now I understand.

Home of Barca Fans