FC Barcelona Finances

Messi983

XDVH8P.gif

Barcelonista001

New signing
Whats going on on today’s meeting?
I didn’t understand, are they really considering changing teh club structure to be able to get more fund and pay the debt…. Is this a good idea??

TheStig

Anyone has the feeling that selling at least 49% of the club is inevitable? We just can't dig ourselves out of this hole, we are losing prestige, success, fans, market shares, revenue... We can't compete even for young cheap players, squad players and it will just become worse in my opinion. I am afraid that in 10 years we will sell a part of the club anyway and we will look back and ask ourselves why didn't we do it earlier?

3-4 billion influx of cash would bring us back to the top and we would still control the club. I like the socios model but I don't see how we could get back to the top like that. Barto broke us.

Windhook

Anyone has the feeling that selling at least 49% of the club is inevitable?
I share this thought, but so far the club is looking for alternative straws like the Super League while barely keeping afloat.

Jim Ratcliffe, the current owner of 25% of Man United, had previously made an offer to Laporta to buy 49% of FC Barcelona. (heard it on Tiffo's feed) The reason Florentino and Laporta back this crazy Super League project is because of the same fear of yours that in 10 years all clubs outside EPL will become minnows and uncompetitive. Europe will become a feeder league for the NBA of Europe. Except for few clubs like Bayern Munich that are owned 30% by local Adidas, Audi and Allianz. I'm not putting in the conversation the Chinese pyramide schemes that own AC Milan, Inter Milan, Valencia, etc. Those clubs are finished as they sold their soul long time ago.

TheStig

The SL is not an option, they botched it the first time because they were too greedy and wanted a closed league, now nobody wants to play with us and Madrid. So the only solution is selling a part of the club. Won't we feel horrible when in 2030 we sell the part of the club and look back to 15 years of misery which could be avoided if we do that earier? Also the club will be in an even worse state in comparison to EPL clubs and it will be harder to get to the top even if we sell and the fee will be smaller after so many years away from the top.

khaled_a_d

The club will bet on increased revenue from new stadium along a less restricted rules that will happen once Tebas is off in 2024 along effect of Covid financial hit on books being decreased as time goes by. Then they will consider selling part of the club and very unlikely to reach 30% even.
We are Liga title holders, so it isn't exactly considered misery, not yet.

Andresito

Staff member
From a buyer's POV, what's the point of buying 49% of Barca if all the power will remain with the members? The new owner will pump in money for what? Either he wants influence or he wants to make money, just ask some PL clubs what they think about greedy owners.

Ratcliffe bought 25% of United and will also take responsibility for the football operations so he'll have a bit of influence, but I wonder how much freedom he'll actually have with the Glazers still there.

TheStig

They would have influence but socios would have it more if we keep 51% in socios hands. Also they could make money. I am sure we wouldn't have a problem to get a buyer for 3-4 billion now but I'm not so sure that in 10 years will be the same. It works great in Bundesliga, why wouldn't it here?

The club will bet on increased revenue from new stadium along a less restricted rules that will happen once Tebas is off in 2024 along effect of Covid financial hit on books being decreased as time goes by. Then they will consider selling part of the club and very unlikely to reach 30% even.
We are Liga title holders, so it isn't exactly considered misery, not yet.

I know but would that be enough to cover the club debt, stadium debt and invest enough to have a top squad? I don't think so.

The Liga title didn't change much in terms of marketability and cash influx. Nobody rate this Liga that highly.

Home of Barca Fans