FC Barcelona Finances

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My impression reading all the bits and pieces of his interview is that tomorrow's meeting will give the club the OK to sell them (49% of the BLM and up to 25% of future TV rights), without any specifics and they will do so IF and once they have a deal in place. The article from 2Playbook seems to suggest that we might not be able to reach any deals and sell anything before June 30th, meaning we will have a hole of 150m in red.

Personally I'd selling 49% of BLM for 200m as long as we have a buyback and will not sell any TV rights. But I think they will sell the TV rights as Romeu talked about if we get 500m or so we can do signings etc. No way will they be able to get 500m without selling future TV rights.

He just said last night they are in very advanced negotiations to conclude a deal before June 30th.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He just said last night they are in very advanced negotiations to conclude a deal before June 30th.

Hmm, the 2Playbook article also factored in what he said last night (supposedly, from what I read in the article) so I don't know who is right. We will see. Either way I think they are going to sell TV rights, sigh.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we get 200m for BLM or something, can we invest 50m in wage space on the 1/4 rule?

Not sure, so far everything I have read suggests the 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 rules apply to player sales; selling assets seems to be more targeting on bringing the net asset value of the club above water, which will impact the overall salary cap, something like that.

Honestly, not too sure.

Porque

At this stage the rumoured signings are not even enticing enough to try and get desperately under 500m for.

Might as well put all efforts to renew Gavi contract, find a way to incorporate Christensen and Kessie and try and get through to the winter market. With a full pre-season we may do better than fans expect.

Devils

This club is miserable man.

Not a single glimmer of light when it comes to transfers or finances these days.

Zidane82

Just found this on Twitter

🚨🚨| BREAKING: FC Barcelona would have more than ?200M to strengthen the team this summer.
@COPE [🎖️]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

����| BREAKING: FC Barcelona would have more than ?200M to strengthen the team this summer.
@COPE [��️]

Nah, don't believe it. First off we haven't sold anything yet, yesterday's Assembly simply gave the club permission to sell assets. Secondly most of the money received will probably be used on bringing the net worth from negative to positive and probably paying down some short term debt, only a small portion will be spent on transfers I think.

Temptation

����| BREAKING: FC Barcelona would have more than ?200M to strengthen the team this summer.
@COPE [��️]

Big W for the Scottish Lad JamDav.

In hindsight, Haaland and Nunez would indeed be financially possible for Barca.....

Zidane82

Joan Laporta and Barcelona FC's Board of Directors received a breath of fresh air from the Assembly of delegates who approved the two proposals that were presented to them.

The partners loosely authorized the sale of 49% of BLM and the transfer of 25% of LaLiga's television rights for a maximum of 25 years. The Board will get down to work now to find the best offers, which will report, in the words of Laporta, a minimum of $600 million.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Joan Laporta and Barcelona FC's Board of Directors received a breath of fresh air from the Assembly of delegates who approved the two proposals that were presented to them.

The partners loosely authorized the sale of 49% of BLM and the transfer of 25% of LaLiga's television rights for a maximum of 25 years. The Board will get down to work now to find the best offers, which will report, in the words of Laporta, a minimum of $600 million.

This is news from two days ago.

Home of Barca Fans