FC Barcelona Finances

Alik

We should be able to renew contracts, and pay wages with no problems. If not, we got way bigger problems than the size of the sponsorship deal.

What should mainly be affected is the size of our transfer budget next season. But it's not one in which we would be spending much in anyway, compared to our previous seasons.

vlad

hypothetical questions, would you be okay with barca renew contract with slave country like qatar or barca without sponsor, so that means barca will probably sell neymar?

vlad

honestly i dont know how to make it, it would be a great poll and i would love to read different opinios from barca fans on this forum.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
We already accepted and "suffered" the brand damage - kinda - that Qatar brought on us, so of course Qatar Airways, all day.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We've not suffered anything.

Qatar Airways is the best airline in the World and won several prices around the World.

Yes, people have pointed out that it's owned by the royal family who's behind some shady stuff as we know in the WC bid and the criminal treatment of their workers, BUT in the corporate world, and among most 'Normal' people, our reputation is not damaged one bit.

What's actually damaged our rep is the Neymar case and Rosell and Bartomeu's dealings.

Now I'm strictly talking about our reputation in terms of that.

I recognize it's a moral dilemma.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am just not sure if there are any "clean" sponsors out there. We all have skeletons in our closet.

Let's take a look at the main sponsors/shareholders of the top clubs:

Real Madrid/PSG/Arsenal/AC Milan/HSV Hamburg: Emirates Airlines, UAE, not much different from Qatar

Manchester City: Etihad Airways, the flag career of UAE

Bayern: Deutsche Telekom, Germany. I personally don't know if there is any dirt on them, but Audi, a minority shareholder of Bayern, owned by Volkswagen which has been engulfed in a huge cheating scandal involving millions of diesel cars worldwide

Manchester United: Chevrolet, owned by GM, the gas-guzzling giant, USA. Global warming anybody?

Chelsea: Yokohama Tyres, Japan. No problem here I guess?

Juventus: Jeep, owned by Fiat, Italy, not too different from Chevorlet/GM

Also many EPL and La Liga teams have betting/gambling websites or companies as their main sponsors. That's very yucky in my opinion.

By the way, Qatar Airways have been ranked as the world's best airlines for two consecutive years I believe.

El Flaco

barcafan161

why are people on other forums saying we need to sell messi or neymar? and that we are in serious debt? if we are why are we planning on spending alot this summer?

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
why are people on other forums saying we need to sell messi or neymar? and that we are in serious debt? if we are why are we planning on spending alot this summer?

They are just dreaming and holding on to every piece of information they can get that gives them hope of getting MSN.

Neymar goes to court - Utd will buy him.
Messi has tax problems - going to Man City.
Mate prices in Liverpool drop - Suarez making a big comeback.

Sorin

Our board is a pile of garbage. Can't seal a deal of shirt sponsorship when you are by the far best club in the world and you see Barca's crest and shirt everywhere you go is mind boggling. We should be making 100M more than the others with our succes in the last decade.

But this fraud Bartomeu was elected somehow.

They are just dreaming and holding on to every piece of information they can get that gives them hope of getting MSN.

Neymar goes to court - Utd will buy him.
Messi has tax problems - going to Man City.
Mate prices in Liverpool drop - Suarez making a big comeback.

It doesn't even make sense when you think about it.

In Neymar's case, for example, selling him would mean bringing another player to replace him. Besides the fact that no one is even on his level, we would have to spend at least 70 or 80 million on whoever we'd decide to buy. With everyone throwing crazy money around, from City, PSG to fecking China we'd need to seriously outbid them for any class player. We'd have to churn out a massive part of Ney's deal on someone like Reus, Auba etc. Good players but far from Ney's class. Add to this the wages they'll demand and we'd be looking at 100M minimum.

Giving Neymar a new contract makes way more sense. 20/25M a year and we'd get the next best player in the world, a marketing machine, for another 5 years. That's around 200M for 5 years including taxes and everything instead of 150 or more on some player that we don't even know that'll fit with Messi and Suarez, nevermind that he'll be worse compared to Neymar in almost every category. ~200M for Neymar's contract or ~150m for whoever? Easiest decision ever.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Apparently we're suing our Chinese sponsor Suning for $5million for breach of contract? Anyone heard this? If it's true at least we're suing someone else for a change instead of them suing us :lol:

dlx3

Nike + Qatar gave us 68mi/season up until now. If reports are correct, it will be 150 mi/season starting in August.

[MENTION=20905]Lucas[/MENTION]ammr

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nike + Qatar gave us 68mi/season up until now. If reports are correct, it will be 150 mi/season starting in August.

[MENTION=20905]Lucas[/MENTION]ammr

We currently get 32m a year from Nike so that leaves us 36m from Qatar Airways. If this 150m is believable that means Nike will give us 90m a year?

They should give us 100m + a year, considering how much Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern get from Adidas.

Home of Barca Fans