FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In your opinion short changed and there has been multiple reasons given for why Reverter left.

Not saying the deal with Spotify itself was the main reason why he left (It was said to be due to the fundamental differences in how Reveter and Laporta believe how the club should be run, Reverter wanted a more "professionalized" organization with the club run more like a corporation whereas Laporta wants to run it like a "family business" etc.), just pointing out reportedly Reveter didn't like the idea of putting all of our eggs in one basket.

Laporta the dictator calling all the shots.

malvolio

Definitely shortchanged by Spotify, which we gave almost all of our assets to, something Ferran Reverter reportedly opposed to. Only hope is to get a sleeve sponsor but will probably not exceed 8-10m.

Madrid will probably get an even better deal next year with Mbappe and possibly Haaland coming.

The deal reeks of Pique's involvement.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The deal reeks of Pique's involvement.

Don't know about that, could be nothing, just because his wife is a musician it doesn't mean anything. But perhaps, after all Pique helped us get the Rakuten deal. His business acumen and connections will benefit us somehow in the future too, I think.

Not against being associated with Spotify at all, it could make us look trendy or hip but should have considered other options on other assets. Maybe there were none, apart from those that were rejected by us (some cryptocurrency businesses, an Indian online education platform, Vegan Nation etc.). The sorry state of our club, despite years of success on and off the pitch and the huge brand power.

It is time to find a sleeve sponsor.

malvolio

Don't know about that, could be nothing, just because his wife is a musician it doesn't mean anything. But perhaps, after all Pique helped us get the Rakuten deal. His business acumen and connections will benefit us somehow in the future too, I think.

Not against being associated with Spotify at all, it could make us look trendy or hip but should have considered other options on other assets. Maybe there were none, apart from those that were rejected by us (some cryptocurrency businesses, an Indian online education platform, Vegan Nation etc.). The sorry state of our club, despite years of success on and off the pitch and the huge brand power.

It is time to find a sleeve sponsor.

he and shakira were involved in the rakuten deal - https://www.fotmob.com/news/lggf0l5...s-centre-back-was-behind-lucrative-shirt-deal https://www.elespanol.com/deportes/...-rakuten-producir-documental/434207163_0.html

now again we have a sponsorship deal involving a big media services provider. even more related to shakira & pique.

pique clearly calling shots on direction the club is heading. from sporting perspective(see messi situation) and a financial one.

while club also adamant to make him the hero as he lowered his salary.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
he and shakira were involved in the rakuten deal - https://www.fotmob.com/news/lggf0l5...s-centre-back-was-behind-lucrative-shirt-deal https://www.elespanol.com/deportes/...-rakuten-producir-documental/434207163_0.html

now again we have a sponsorship deal involving a big media services provider. even more related to shakira & pique.

pique clearly calling shots on direction the club is heading. from sporting perspective(see messi situation) and a financial one.

while club also adamant to make him the hero as he lowered his salary.

I am not sure about Pique calling the shots and directing the club, I think that is overblown and way exaggerated. But let's say even if he again helped us broker the Spotify deal, that's not something bad, is it?

Pique is a pretty successful businessman (so far) with his Kosmos growing, his Davis Cup thingy expanding (I heard), his eSport club attracting more sponsorships etc. We just might need his business skills, particularly in the future. I'd vote for him if he wants to run for the president of the club one day.

malvolio

I am not sure about Pique calling the shots and directing the club, I think that is overblown and way exaggerated. But let's say even if he again helped us broker the Spotify deal, that's not something bad, is it?

Pique is a pretty successful businessman (so far) with his Kosmos growing, his Davis Cup thingy expanding (I heard), his eSport club attracting more sponsorships etc. We just might need his business skills, particularly in the future. I'd vote for him if he wants to run for the president of the club one day.

I've also predicted that he would steer club in that direction once he is president. Seems he started work early.

What I wanted to point out is that he has far more influence in the club right now. And he's not your average 'veteran'.

Because there was talk in the past about his business trips and skipped training sessions. Most of the blame from fans falling o the manager at the time.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I've also predicted that he would steer club in that direction once he is president. Seems he started work early.

What I wanted to point out is that he has far more influence in the club right now. And he's not your average 'veteran'.

Because there was talk in the past about his business trips and skipped training sessions. Most of the blame from fans falling o the manager at the time.

I am not sure about that, again. But, I am OK with it as long as he keeps it professional, i.e, not negating and shirking his responsibilities as a player (and a captain, not least) while being on contract with us and getting paid by us, and that he uses his business skills, expertise etc. steer the club in a good direction.

So far we haven't seen any evidence of Pique's alleged influence within the club though, it is still Laporta calling all the shots and filling important positions with his own friends and relatives and turning the club into a "family business". :facepalm:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Received an e-mail from the club saying information on the deal with Spotify will be made available to all socis starting from March 23rd. Hopefully more details will come out then.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Are you now a soci or is it still pending right now?

Became a soci in March 2021, got a certificate signed by Laporta himself. So hopefully I can vote in the next general vote (not this upcoming one as it will be by "delegate members" only, whatever that means). :p

Porque

Became a soci in March 2021, got a certificate signed by Laporta himself. So hopefully I can vote in the next general vote (not this upcoming one as it will be by "delegate members" only, whatever that means). :p

Laporta knew your influence in the barcaforum circles. Don't let us down.

Joan

He probably knew I have been bad-mouthing him for a while. Better keep quiet in order to keep my membership. ;) :p

He cannot take you down, he can only be taken down by you :p so he better watch his back or offer you a friends and family designated position within the club

Home of Barca Fans