FC Barcelona Finances

Devils

I'm definitely for this.

Huge financial advantage for the club. Not to mention that much smarter, richer and business oriented people will have a voice at the club.

No offence to the socis, but seeing as they let Barto and Co basically run this club into ruin is a good enough sign that we need successfull business oriented individuals have a partial ownership of this club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Huge gamble, if your sugar daddy is one like Kroenke or even the Glazers or Peter Lim than you are fucked. I am sure they are all smart people, but they might just treat the clubs like their toys and afterthought when they are bored. Various and different motives which might not align with those of the fans. You might as well sell the club to sovereign funds and be one of the state clubs.

MTL_Barca

Even if that was a good idea at least copy Bayern model, they sold 8,33% each to year long partners. Don't just sell 49% all at once to some random billionaire or investment group at a time where the club is desperate.

But i don't see how that would go through anyway, local fans won't let that happen.

Last edited:

Windhook

Those 49% should first go through a referendum at the club, I believe. Doesn't sound bad in these hard times, but could potentially lead to transformation at the club and future 100% private ownership of Barca.

khaled_a_d

iirc the idea wasn't selling the club,but selling part of the assets.
And even this was dismissed, although it will be always an option to have

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am OK with selling part of certain non-essential, commercial assets like the Barca Studios so we get funds and also expertise to help them grow further, but selling part of the club itself is a big no no to me.

The original report says we are working with Real Madrid on this together, I'd love to see Real Madrid getting sold.

M3ls

Laporta said we should cut salaries to 65 percent of income.

ALSO he said that we have reduced the cost of salaries by 160 million.

I don't understand how we haven't reached 65 percent yet?

El Gato

Villarato!
Laporta said we should cut salaries to 65 percent of income.

ALSO he said that we have reduced the cost of salaries by 160 million.

I don't understand how we haven't reached 65 percent yet?

Staff costs down from ~432 in summer reported figure (pre-Messi sale). That 432 was 73% of total turnover
Cutting salaries by 160 means ~37% reduction (if you take salaries as staff cost, which it isn't, salary makes up about 60% of staff cost), but income is down the drain as Barca sold barely anyone for good money thus only matchday and commercial revenue left to make it up and put Barca on sensible side of La Liga's FFP.

If you take him on his word it's just a way of ensuring Barca can bounce back and advertise themselves as players with lots of money to spend and amass a good side relatively quickly rather than it being a slow trickle as costs wind down. If you play it as if you still need to cut, you'll convince the Umtitis of this world that they have no future here unless they agree to restructures and will be easier to bin useless players who would otherwise think they're being picked on unfairly when club actually has money to spend on them

M3ls

Staff costs down from ~432 in summer reported figure (pre-Messi sale). That 432 was 73% of total turnover
Cutting salaries by 160 means ~37% reduction (if you take salaries as staff cost, which it isn't, salary makes up about 60% of staff cost), but income is down the drain as Barca sold barely anyone for good money thus only matchday and commercial revenue left to make it up and put Barca on sensible side of La Liga's FFP.

If you take him on his word it's just a way of ensuring Barca can bounce back and advertise themselves as players with lots of money to spend and amass a good side relatively quickly rather than it being a slow trickle as costs wind down. If you play it as if you still need to cut, you'll convince the Umtitis of this world that they have no future here unless they agree to restructures and will be easier to bin useless players who would otherwise think they're being picked on unfairly when club actually has money to spend on them

You're wrong. Before Messi left, our salary costs were 110 percent of our income.

Laporta himself spoke about this

M3ls

You're wrong. Before Messi left, our salary costs were 110 percent of our income. Laporta himself spoke about this. 110 percent of 630 million = 693 million After the departure of Griezmann and Messi, they said that our fund is 430 million. How is this possible?

M3ls

On September 1, after the departure of Griezmann, Alemany said: Bar?a's salary bill is now 420M. It was at 617M last season. Barca have saved up close to 200M in salaries for this season in the transfer window.

We got rid of Coutinho. Yes, we took Abama, Torres, Traore, Alves, but their total salary does not exceed 15 million euros. We have also lowered Umtiti's HR. Suppose we are at the same level - 420. 420/630 = 66%.

Home of Barca Fans