F1

El Gato

Villarato!
What they were thinking, just like Lewis, is that they have to unlap themselves ASAP and the race shouldn't finish under SC. Just like initial reaction of Hamilton who was pissed off he couldn't box, because he was expecting to be racing and was then very annoyed he's on used tyres. Everyone expecting race to restart and only daft regulation forced engineers to calculate.

As before, problem with the rule and application of it in tense situation on last race, not with what Masi actually decided. Well, ok, no, he should have red flagged.
If couldn't send cars through early. Even Sky experts speculated that's what should have happened.

Last edited:

Hardy

by the way in this kind of situation who is behind has too much advantage, I really don't like that, pitlane should be closed, they should do that at least for the last laps so you avoid any controversy.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why? Wouldn't have any advantage if leader had recently pitted.
We're only sat here discussing it, because of a particular strat which assumed they won't need to be concerned by anything 2nd placed driver does

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mercedes have always been donkeys when it comes to strategy tbh. Always won on their raw pace and car being so much better than others.

They probably cost Hamilton points through their poor strategic decisions throughout the season too.

Windhook

Bad last moment strategy cost Mercedes the World Driver Championship. Not the racism, not Brexit, not Latifi intentionally crashing (driving a Mercedes engine car), not Mick Schumacher avenging his father.

IMO biggest donkeys in F1 are Ferrari with their current management.

It's partly Toto Wolff's fault for his arrogance and Masi trying to balance teams interest in such critical moment.

Also all season Red Bull cars overtake Mercedes with final dives and braking in the last moment in each corner. Something which shows the inferior braking of Mercedes or just the lack of balls from Lewis and Valtteri, who rely simply on raw speed.

Last edited:

Hardy

why? maybe because they can restart the race at same conditions??? losing all your gap gained for the entire race is already an enough punishment for who's leading the race. I just don't find that right.

Mercedes fucked up many races with dumb strategy but I still believe this is not the case for sunday.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
why? maybe because they can restart the race at same conditions??? losing all your gap gained for the entire race is already an enough punishment for who's leading the race. I just don't find that right.

Mercedes fucked up many races with dumb strategy but I still believe this is not the case for sunday.

Can you imagine the shit Mercedes would have gotten if they pitted which meant RB would have stayed and Masi decides to end the race behind a safety car or decides that cars cant unlap themselves.

Windhook

They rather red flag the race with no tyre changes and start from the pit lane or ban tyre changes under security car. Rules are accepted by all teams and it is what it is. Under current regulations Mercedes have no ground to appeal basically, as they have accepted the current rules. Other than that we all know Mercedes have the fastest engine on the planet, that's for sure.

P.S. - next thing I would suggest is just to stop the lap count under safety car, but that would be detrimental to the fuel consumption/tyre wear during the race as each team calculates it lap by lap, but refueling is banned since classic times.

Last edited:

Hardy

They rather red flag the race with no tyre changes and start from the pit lane or ban tyre changes under security car. Rules are accepted by all teams and it is what it is. Under current regulations Mercedes have no ground to appeal basically, as they have accepted the current rules. Other than that we all know Mercedes have the fastest engine on the planet, that's for sure.

I'm talking as F1 passionate, that's nothing to do with Mercedes, I just don't find right that a driver who dominates the race can be penalized so much in that situation. Sprint races are accepted as well by all teams and that's another thing that I really don't like.

Windhook

I'm talking as F1 passionate, that's nothing to do with Mercedes, I just don't find right that a driver who dominates the race can be penalized so much in that situation. Sprint races are accepted as well by all teams and that's another thing that I really don't like.

Those are the rules, cars lose their lead. I know it's unfair from my point of view as well, but they are accepted from all participants in the sport. But without decreased speed horrible accidents could happen with stewards, doing their job, ran over like it was likely to happen at Saudi Arabia with kamikazes running along the track to pick up rubbish material. F1 is full of controversy and I've been upset a lot in the past with such things, but I'm just a fan, others decide how to regulate the race.

El Gato

Villarato!
For everyone arguing as if finishing the season behind a safety car is a logical course of action - when is the last time it happened? When is the last time any race finished this way?

https://f1i.com/news/428983-hakkinen-much-worse-for-title-decider-to-end-behind-safety-car.html

Even Hakkinen thinks it's a nonsense decision. Fuck that law lol. Restart whenever it looks like you might need to do it.

E: Happened 6 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_car#List_of_safety_car_deployments_in_Formu la_One_races

In fact even decided title in 2012 in Brazil, Vettel ahead of Alonso. And both were incidentally the drivers who knew IMMEDIATELY this needs to be avoided in Abu Dhabi.

And would you look at that
Three days after the race, Ferrari announced they were contemplating filing an appeal with the FIA due to video footage allegedly showing Sebastian Vettel overtaking Jean-?ric Vergne under yellow flags. Should the allegations have proven valid, the FIA could have added 20 seconds to Vettel's finishing time, demoting him to 8th in the race result, handing the driver's title to Alonso. Just two days later however, Ferrari opted not to appeal the result after receiving additional information from the FIA. Formula One CEO Bernie Ecclestone had previously stated that he considered Ferrari's allegations "a shame" and "a joke".

Teams crying over application of rules with points tight up top.
Clearly never happened before :lol:

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
So Lewis did well keeping act up for as long as it lasted but in the end submitted to crying and complaining after all lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I dunno some letter was released by his team saying how this is not the sport they fell in love with blablabla

Mercedes will do whatever they want regardless of what Hamilton says or how he feels.

Besides if he feels that he was robbed or it was unfair what happened then it's perfectly fair to feel that way. Doesn't mean him congratulating Verstappen and all that was fake.

Home of Barca Fans