F1

Hardy

Really? Covering Verstappen with a pit stop of their own? And Lewis wins this easily. No matter the SC at the end.

They fucked up.

no matter because the race restarted but mercedes wasn't sure about that, scenes when they pit hamilton and race finished under safety car...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mercedes are embarrassing themselves now. Hamilton and his family have congratulated Verstappen and moved on. Trophy?s been handed out. Everything is over.

Just leave it and focus on next season instead of trying to appeal it until they run out of options.

Windhook

Mercedes appealing in court would be devastating for the sport and nullifying the race result wouldn't help either as Max was still on top before the race on number of races won. Anyway the team decided to move on, but Toto Wolff begging dramatically Masi was really embarassing moment.

Mercedes should have pitted to cut Red Bull strategy as they did earlier in the race, but they gambled on tyre management and it didn't pay off. If Hamilton fans want to blame anyone it should be one of the 3 my-dad-owns-the-team-guys that are shit drivers in F1 - Mazepin, Latifi and Stroll. Such idiots should be banned from the sport and give way to more talented drivers.

Glad Max won with inferior power unit and in racing it isn't just about that, more complex with strategies and it was good for the sport itself to have someone else win the championship after all.

Hardy

controversy apart I think Max had the best season in F1 since 20 years, considering also the competition he faced, he finished every race 1 or 2. Lewis woke up a bit too late, since Sochi I saw the best version of him but before that he made some mistakes that at the end of the day are crucial for his lost, in races where Mercedes was the better car.

fergus90

KingLeo already said it but there's absolutely no way Lewis would want his record-breaking 8th title handed to him like this despite the flip-flopping from Masi to cause that ridiculous situation.

Mercedes should have pitted Lewis because with fresher tyres he holds Max off in a straight shoot-out regardless plus they already were asking Lewis what tyre he would prefer so it was obviously a serious possibility. Pretty much pitting him eliminates the only threat Verstappen has of passing him (outside of a highly unlikely driver error) and they failed to do anything about it.

I'm not Verstappen's biggest fan but on the balance of the whole season, he was the better driver up until Brazil and also had some bad luck himself at times.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans