European Super League

Birdy

Irrelevant to the point
Do you want elite playing one another each week?

And possibly domestic comp sandwiched in between?

Better than watching Barca Osasuna Girona and Granada every week
Even playing against Ajax or Roma would be better

Much better mate!

El Gato

Villarato!
Dont think it is better as already seen in EPL where many matches between the top sides are shite quality nor are they much better if squad quality gap is obvious
Dont see what's to be happy about claiming Ls and Ws
Can understand people wanting to stick it to Tebas and nothing else, which is a juvenile way of analysing the impact of ESL itself

Only way ESL is useful is if it replaces CL under different supervision (which it wont, it'll upend domestic football first) and in open format (atm no guarantee of clubs wont come back and claim founding members cant be removed through finance commitments).

Yes and the second team could play in the domestic league.

Imagine unironically thinking this is feasible lol

Birdy

Dont think it is better as already seen in EPL where many matches between the top sides are shite quality nor are they much better if squad quality gap is obvious
Dont see what's to be happy about claiming Ls and Ws
Can understand people wanting to stick it to Tebas and nothing else, which is a juvenile way of analysing the impact of ESL itself

Only way ESL is useful is if it replaces CL under different supervision (which it wont, it'll upend domestic football first) and in open format (atm no guarantee of clubs wont come back and claim founding members cant be removed through finance commitments).

Imagine unironically thinking this is feasible lol

It will eventually replace CL, but not overnight. There will be some transitional years where EPL teams would be playing CL, etc.

Football would be much better, and if you were watching more closely EPL, the quality of the games between the big6 is a million times better than the quality of the Barca-Osasuna and Real-Celta games of LL and the respective games of all other big leagues.

It's not just to stick it to Tebas. It's progress on the quality of the product.
Tebas, nevertheless, is a fascist who hides behind the mask of a tidy accountant and bureaucrat

Porque

European League football needs an alternative to the Premier League. If the ESL can provide that I'm all for it.

El Gato

Villarato!
It will eventually replace CL, but not overnight. There will be some transitional years where EPL teams would be playing CL, etc.

Football would be much better, and if you were watching more closely EPL, the quality of the games between the big6 is a million times better than the quality of the Barca-Osasuna and Real-Celta games of LL and the respective games of all other big leagues.

It's not just to stick it to Tebas. It's progress on the quality of the product.
Tebas, nevertheless, is a fascist who hides behind the mask of a tidy accountant and bureaucrat

I do watch EPL quite closely and quality gulf between EPL and La Liga while obvious doesnt justify ESL format

It is mainly to stick it to Tebas and UEFA overlords
Most who pine for it justify it by that and cant help themselves
Juvenile way of looking at it

It wouldnt replace CL, it would replace domestic football and has been clear from starters it is intended to be the weekly attraction to attract audiences each weekend
CL disappearing would be merely a consequence of clubs exiting to take control of revenue streams, not because they wanted to create a better UEFA unaffiliated comp
They want to bin both CL and domestic football and get all the dough

There is no ESL without EPL teams either.
The whole point of creating it is to rope them in to take some of their audience

khaled_a_d

ESL won't be a reality without political backing, only thing this court decision does is protect us from punishment.

It isn't happening any time soon, for better or worse.

Birdy

I do watch EPL quite closely and quality gulf between EPL and La Liga while obvious doesnt justify ESL format

It is mainly to stick it to Tebas and UEFA overlords
Most who pine for it justify it by that and cant help themselves
Juvenile way of looking at it

It wouldnt replace CL, it would replace domestic football and has been clear from starters it is intended to be the weekly attraction to attract audiences each weekend
CL disappearing would be merely a consequence of clubs exiting to take control of revenue streams, not because they wanted to create a better UEFA unaffiliated comp

There is no ESL without EPL teams either.
The whole point of creating it is to rope them in to take some of their audience

- There might be INITIALLY an ESL w/o EPL teams. Eventually, yes I agree with you, EPL teams have to be in to complete this project

- Same with weekends. That might be the final goal, but until then, there might be many provisional formats, which might include games midweek.
I can see a nonEPL ESL starting next season or the one after with games coinciding with CL group games rather than league games

- Revenue streams is certainly a factor, but for the big clubs it's not the only factor: it's about having competitive games rather than playing against the Ferencvaros, the Slavias, and the Olympiakos of Europe that downgrade so much the product, and the hypocritical bureaucratic twats of UEFa pretend to pseudomorally care about, while in reality they care only about their own pockets

- I personally never justified my positive attitude twds ESL on that reasoning. Not that I don't feel good seeing a fascist cunt like Tebas receiving an L, but that's not the main reason.
Like I said, the quality of product will upgrade massively, and that will in turn lead to the quality of football to grow exponentially as well
The logic is simple: seeing better teams playing against each other is a better spectacle, and playing against better sides forces a team to respond better football-wise

JamDav1982

European football is already a feeder league to EPL bar a handful of rich clubs and its only going to get worse.

Clubs need to realise that and if want to take EPL on then will have to break away into another system that serves to try and break dominance of money in EPL.

EPL teams might not initially want to join but that is irrelevant anyway as the idea is an alternative to EPL.

If Spanish and Italian teams broke away and left CL competition then it devalues that competition also. From there why would teams in France or Germany etc want to be a system where they win league easily and have their teams feeding players to EPL? For a devalued CL?

The suprising thing is that more of the bigger clubs are not on board with it.

Let alone bigger clubs in Portugal, Scotland, Netherlands etc. Why would they rather stay in their domestic leagues and be picked clean by EPL sides as cant compete financially?

Home of Barca Fans