European Super League

Adversus

Of course they can break existing laws if they really want to, but its still a serious step to take.

For one, what if the law they come up with contradicts their "competition law"(which is essentially still the same as EU, btw), then they would have to make changes to the "competition law" to accomondate their new law.

All im saying, law is not straight forward, it can get quite...complicated, Brexit isnt going to change that.

Who is breaking the law? The British government aren't breaking any law. They are creating a new one which would probably end up being an adaption of the existing competition law if that law was actually found to be an issue. That's the best thing about being the government. If you don't like the law you can change it.

This shit is done, no Bayern, no Dortmund, no PSG, Chelsea and City will withdraw. And they have UEFA, FIFA and three different governments against them.

Adversus

This makes no sense at all, how can you ask me about something that isnt actually something yet?

Lets see what kind of law the UK government comes up with first, and then courts and so on will sort it out.

If you really think international law only covers "genocide", you are in for a surprise though.

If you really think Internation law is anything beyond treaties between nations you are in for a surprise and I really doubt any other country insisted on a clause that forced the UK government to allow football matches to go ahead.

For a start sport is internal. It's not like farming or trade. For another country to insist on something they would first have to be thinking about how this would effect them.

Morten

Who is breaking the law? The British government aren't breaking any law. They are creating a new one which would probably end up being an adaption of the existing competition law if that law was actually found to be an issue. That's the best thing about being the government. If you don't like the law you can change it.

Why do you keep insisting on me saying the UK is breaking existing laws? I said they "COULD" end up doing it if they mess this up.

If you want to assume everything goes smooth, fine, im just saying it could end up not being the case.

In any case, if a few clubs leaves the "project", maybe government doesnt have to intervene.

Adversus

Why do you keep insisting on me saying the UK is breaking existing laws? I said they "COULD" end up doing it if they mess this up.

If you want to assume everything goes smooth, fine, im just saying it could end up not being the case.

Because you are using the term law as if there's a court above the UK courts and UK government that rule on that law. There isn't. You are referring to trade deals not laws.

Devils

tenor.gif

Devils

Laporta FINALLY communicates:

“Barca will not enter the SuperLeague without the approval of the Assembly of Members. It is they who decide, it is their club. "

Home of Barca Fans