Ernesto Valverde

KingLeo10

Meh, what a boring answer!

I was expecting something far more hipster and unexpected. Disappointing.

I don't think Tuchel/Klopp will fit the "Barca DNA"/philosophy the club demands. Not that Xavi plays anything like typical Barca style mind you, but somehow he has developed a reputation of playing Barca style due to nepotism. In terms of philosophy, I guess ETH fits. He's basically B.Tech Pep....

:lol: Why would I want to take a risk on unproven managers like ETH or Nagelsmann to replace an unproven manager in Xavi.

Barca style has taken on some twisted meaning these days. Pep's style was a one off (like Sacchi's Milan isn't Milan's style...just a one off). Rijkaard's Barca beat all the top teams of the era (Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.) and Enrique's 14-15 Barca beat all the top teams without playing intricate passing.

Barca style should mean proactive, attacking, and incisive football. Which Klopp definitely plays. Tuchel to a lesser degree but he's attacking enough with better options than Lukaku and Werner

Messigician

:lol: Why would I want to taken a risk on unproven managers like ETH or Nagelsmann to replace an unproven manager in Xavi.

Barca style has taken on some twisted meaning these days. Pep's style was a one off. Rijkaard's Barca beat all the top teams of the era (Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.) and Enrique's 14-15 Barca beat all the top teams without playing intricate passing.

Barca style should mean proactive, attacking, and incisive football. Which Klopp definitely plays. Tuchel to a lesser degree but he's attacking enough with better options than Lukaku and Werner

U call xavi crossball good football?

Temptation

:lol: Why would I want to take a risk on unproven managers like ETH or Nagelsmann to replace an unproven manager in Xavi.

Barca style has taken on some twisted meaning these days. Pep's style was a one off (like Sacchi's Milan isn't Milan's style...just a one off). Rijkaard's Barca beat all the top teams of the era (Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.) and Enrique's 14-15 Barca beat all the top teams without playing intricate passing.

Laporta's first choice ahead of Xavi was Hansi Flick. He would fit the bill imho.

Temptation

U call xavi crossball good football?

Xavi doesn't seem to have a defined style of play.

It's just a combination of great individuals sometimes produces sick Football. Naturally, his style is turgid.

A proper coach can produce great patterns of play even with much much lesser players. Like look at Potter at Brighton.

Barca have a terrific squad. Should win La Liga and go deep in the CL as a bare minimum. Xavi has no more excuses now. A world class coach would challenge for every trophy with this very squad.

Messigician

Xavi doesn't seem to have a defined style of play.

It's just a combination of great individuals sometimes produces sick Football. Naturally, his style is turgid.

A proper coach can produce great patterns of play even with much much lesser players. Like look at Potter at Brighton.

Barca have a terrific squad. Should win La Liga and go deep in the CL as a bare minimum. Xavi has no more excuses now. A world class coach would challenge for every trophy with this very squad.

What's terrific about the squad?

Mats = known bum in big games looks good in laliga
Balde = nothing special kid
Right back = LOl
Centrebacks is ??? But Araujo and Kounde look promising at least, Garcia and Christensen are meh.
Midfield is meh, look good against mid table teams
Wingers is meh maybe Rafinha can step up.
Striker Is world class

So we have 1 world class player
Rest unproven or past it

Last edited:

Temptation

What's terrific about the squad?

Mats = known bum in big games looks good in laliga
Balde = nothing special kid
Right back = LOl
Centrebacks is ??? But Araujo and Kounde look promising at least, Garcia and Christensen are meh.
Midfield is meh, look good against mid table teams
Wingers is meh maybe Rafinha can step up.
Striker Is world class

So we have 1 world class player
Rest unproven or past it

Well you really made the squad sound shite.

I'm more convinced that I'm overrating it now. :lol:

But I guess it's still a top 5 squad itw, innit?

KingLeo10

It's a top 4 squad in the world.

We have a top 3 player in the world. Two good wingers, with elite potential under the right setup.

Pedri is world class midfielder. Gavi is promising but young. Busquets is a weakness yes.

Solid defense with Balde Araujo Christensen Kounde / Eric Pique Dest Alba (backups)

MATS looks well this season, remains to be seen if he is still a liability in CL though.

Liverpool have a meh midfield and a good but not great attack

City have an unpredictable attack and aging midfield/ also a clown keeper

RM have promising new signings but overall still reliant on star power of Benzema and Modric for the most part

PSG are about even with us squad wise but they will implode as they always do

Messigician

Well you really made the squad sound shite.

I'm more convinced that I'm overrating it now. :lol:

But I guess it's still a top 5 squad itw, innit?

It isn't top 5 in my opinion.

People forget the so called talents are untested in champions league

Pedri and Gavi got folded by 10 man Frankfurt twice.

We vs some bottom teams and ppl doing cartwheels lol

Messigician

It's a top 4 squad in the world.

We have a top 3 player in the world. Two good wingers, with elite potential under the right setup.

Pedri is world class midfielder. Gavi is promising but young. Busquets is a weakness yes.

Solid defense with Balde Araujo Christensen Kounde / Eric Pique Dest Alba (backups)

MATS looks well this season, remains to be seen if he is still a liability in CL though.

Liverpool have a meh midfield and a good but not great attack

City have an unpredictable attack and aging midfield/ also a clown keeper

RM have promising new signings but overall still reliant on star power of Benzema and Modric for the most part

PSG are about even with us squad wise but they will implode as they always do

City have a clown keeper?

Sorry but Ter Freeze is peak shit

We are top 10 squad if lucky

Home of Barca Fans