Ernesto Valverde

BusiTheKing

I don't understand - if he was so masterfully lifting the team beyond its level domestically, how come we went a season and a half under Setien and Koeman maintaining the points-per-game of his departing season?

BusiTheKing

For me, one of the chief architechts of our current crisis. Stood by and watched for two and a half years while the physical level withered and the attitude problems entrenched themselves deeper and deeper by the week.

JamDav1982

Setien was the architect of the worst Barca team set up of all time in the Bayern defeat and comparing both in their time at club Valverde was levels above him.

BusiTheKing

Valverde's winning recipe relied mostly on lulling the opponent into the marshes of his anodyne football, setting the table for Messi-Suarez to strike incisively through the coagulated blandness of our games.

His relied on the fact that domestic opponents were mostly happy to accept these stalemates in lieu of the high energy siege games they still carried traumas of.

Against sides less prepared to roll into fetal, we were exposed hard though - again and again.

I seriously don't know how anyone didn't see the unsustainability from day one. We were always going to play ourselves into this nice mess.

Home of Barca Fans