Ernesto Valverde

BBZ8800

Hagi, Deco, Yaya Toure, Edgar, Mascherano ( ok he played CB)

Any of these 3 combinations in their prime would give Xavi Busquets Iniesta a game imo

Davids was here for only 6 Months.
Pep fans wouldn't like him today.
He brought fight and passion, but you can't play Barca's/Pep's way and rondos with him.

Masch was not a midfielder and he was horrible at anything regarding Pep's style.

Yaya was not that good in his time here.
And Pep himself rejected him twice.

My point: people are chasing Pep's ghosts and are hoping to build a similar tactics and midfield domination in the future, yet in the last 30 years it is hard to find more than 2 midfielders who would be good at Barca's way except Xavi-Iniesta-Busi.

We tried tens of midfielders after Pep and none was up to Barca's standards.
So, what is the problem?
1. those players are just meh?
2. no one will get even close to Pep's days standards so wishing for "my Barca" is a mission impossible?

Messigician

Davids was here for only 6 Months.
Pep fans wouldn't like him today.
He brought fight and passion, but you can't play Barca's/Pep's way and rondos with him.

Masch was not a midfielder and he was horrible at anything regarding Pep's style.

Yaya was not that good in his time here.
And Pep himself rejected him twice.

My point: people are chasing Pep's ghosts and are hoping to build a similar tactics and midfield domination in the future, yet in the last 30 years it is hard to find more than 2 midfielders who would be good at Barca's way except Xavi-Iniesta-Busi.

We tried tens of midfielders after Pep and none was up to Barca's standards.
So, what is the problem?
1. those players are just meh?
2. no one will get even close to Pep's days standards so wishing for "my Barca" is a mission impossible?

Oh do you mean midfielders who fit Pep's system?

Well Barcelona isn't Pep, club existed long before him and will exist long after pep.

Home of Barca Fans