Ernesto Valverde

BarcaOG

Banned
since EV is responsible for the 8-2 he is also responsible for bayern's sextuple. so thanks again EV for ruining everything. shit coach

Joan

Put the global pandemic and the Beirut explosion on the list of his sins while you're at it. ;)

Morten

Put the global pandemic and the Beirut explosion on the list of his sins while you're at it. ;)

Covid broke out of China just around the times you sacked Valverde, coincidence? I think not.

EV was keeping the entire world in balance.

SmilerBam

It's laughable that we have him ''retardo'' on here.I didn't liked him either,but at least he won trophies.Now we see that winning trophies it's not that easy,isn't it?

Horatio

You're welcome
It's laughable that we have him ''retardo'' on here.I didn't liked him either,but at least he won trophies.Now we see that winning trophies it's not that easy,isn't it?

That's the argument some of us were making back during his tenure to defend him.

JohnN

I really can't quite get why having 30 yo Messi, Suarez, Busi, younger Rakitic and a veteran Iniesta (age of current Messi) isn't better than having 33 yo Messi and Busquets on his last legs. It seems quite streight forward. We had a better squad 3 years ago. Ev did a good job in his first season even though our football started to decline rapidly afterwards. He did a pretty meh job the next season and a terrible one after liverpool where everyone was disheartened.
Rakitic was crucified because he was playing 100% of games and complained when he didn't even though his legs couldn't carry him due to burnout and decline.
There does not need to be a correlation between not liking EV, Rakitic and liking Arthur and Puig.

Bobo32

I don't know if Valverde had much to do with these players being there, but I think with players like Vidal, Rakitic, Semedo, Coutinho, Suarez (to a degree) it's hard to play really well.
Valverde was one of the best managers recently, even if he never was a Barcelona manager. He made the most of the mess that was the squad at that time.

SmilerBam

That's the argument some of us were making back during his tenure to defend him.

I was quite adamant against him, even if i joined the forum later than when he was fired, i know that in january 2020 when he was fired i was happy.Didn't knew we would appoint 3d chess master Setien and also didn't predict a pandemic.I kinda miss Valverde and his 4-4-2 and Andre Gomes as a winger.At least the only masks we wore back then came from the toxicity of his football.

BBZ8800

Remember when people used to say that we were humiliated in Europe because of EV.

Maybe it's not EV, but players, since we are even more humiliated without him.

Messigician

Remember when people used to say that we were humiliated in Europe because of EV.

Maybe it's not EV, but players, since we are even more humiliated without him.

Valverde actually gave us hope in the first leg with the best Home record in UCL history.

These bums cant even do that

Home of Barca Fans