Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

To be fair to him isn’t think he (or anyone else) is downplaying the role of the manager. In fact he was saying that we just want a new manager, when in fact most want a new manager and the squad changes that come with the new manager and his ideas, this team needs both and they hand in hand.

The way I see it the steps are simple, but the decision is hard and difficult and needs to be made right.

1. Get the manager right. Look for someone who is brave, takes risks, isn't overly afraid of everything that surrounds him, likes to play attacking football, is young and hungry, develops players and is a leader who takes no shit.

Hard one I know.

2. Give him full control over the squad. Whoever he wants out goes. Don't care the name. He probably won't want Messi out to make this an impossible situation. He'll be smart to know that won't be done. But everything else that the manager wants in terms of players out, can be done.

3. Bring the players he wants in.

The manager we sign will decide the moves, together with Abidal. Not the board. They need to get the right man for the job, so that he will build a new team, and will make the fans to have confidence in him.

The new manager will be in a similar situation with United, only with far more quality on his hands. But also with way higher expectations. Sort of like Zidane's job next season at Madrid.

So

1. New manager -> 2. Players ins and outs, with final say on the manager (Board with the economic role) -> 3. Refining the tactics and bringing back our attacking style -> 4. Return to domination in Europe.

This is the order.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I get all that but the structure of Barca is to have a sporting director deal with all of that. Managers only got to influence transfers once they gained credibility after winning a CL. As much as I’d like to see that happen it probably won’t.

FCBfan22

I get all that but the structure of Barca is to have a sporting director deal with all of that. Managers only got to influence transfers once they gained credibility after winning a CL. As much as I’d like to see that happen it probably won’t.

That wasn't the case until fucking rodent Segura wormed his way in AFAIK.

serghei

The sporting director and the manager need to be the duo. That's how it works. No big club get a player without a sanction from the manager. It's why Zidane left Madrid, and now Florentino has found out that he was wrong. Zidane is back, and that is what he got for him to return. Final word on transfers, or a mighty important role at the very least.

Of course, when the manager wants a 30 years old Willian to rebuild a side, it is a pretty telling sign that he doesn't have a fucking clue.

What credibility did Pep had in 2008. How the hell is a beginner like him able to get Ronaldinho and Deco sold? It was the sheer confidence that he was the right man. Because every sign was showing us that.

It's the same with Ernie now, except 180 degrees reversed. Every sign we have is telling us that Ernie is not the right man.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

We go down 3-0 and he still doesn’t make an offensive substitution. WE NEEDED A FUCKING GOAL!!! An utter disgrace. Vidal is the only one who is trying and pressing and he gets taken off. Why are Rakitic and Busquets untouchable? Have some god damn balls.

It just pains me that this guy is in charge. I wish I was a fly on the wall at halftime. No chance he gave the team a motivational speech to get their heads in the game.

FinBarcelonafan

and that's why we call him Retardo. Boom.

Stupid stupid starting line-up. He should have never started Coutinho. He is worthless. Same with Roberto as a RB.

FinBarcelonafan

And that's why they should do it now. Fans are angry. Winning/losing Copa final now means little to none to me. It's a bonus trophy, as I said before.

Kick him out, to show the players that their comfort zone is ending. Get Pimenta to coach us in the last few games and then start looking for a new coach.

Thank you. Well said. Kill these players comfort zone. I am starting to warm up for an idea of Mourinho. These lazy ass players deserve some proper training and discipline.

malvolio

We go down 3-0 and he still doesn’t make an offensive substitution. WE NEEDED A FUCKING GOAL!!! An utter disgrace. Vidal is the only one who is trying and pressing and he gets taken off. Why are Rakitic and Busquets untouchable? Have some god damn balls.

this is what baffled me also, he didn't react fast enough to how the game was panning out. let's say after the first half it didn't look like we will get trashed and a goal from us is just around the corner. then 2-0 happened and it went down hill with valverde still not reacting.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I heard he said something along the lines of "at the end of the day the players have to take responsibility because they're the ones on the pitch"

Is this true??? Can anyone confirm? That should be a death penalty offense right there ffs

ini4ever

There is no more need to point out this cowards weaknesses he should be gone already. I just hope we hire Erik ten Hag this summer, he's an attack minded coach and seems to have a good understanding of total football as his team display.

henias

I heard he said something along the lines of "at the end of the day the players have to take responsibility because they're the ones on the pitch"

Is this true??? Can anyone confirm? That should be a death penalty offense right there ffs

His head is already on the guillotine no matter what he says. He's been bullshitting hard since Roma 2.0 so I wouldn't be surprised.

Home of Barca Fans