Ernesto Valverde - V1

Horatio

You're welcome
The fact Real and Atletico dropped many points in a way prove its competitiveness lol. Teams that used to dominate with relative ease don’t get away with it as easily as they used to. Real and Barca can still dominate but are demanded to have their ^{%# together from the start.

Horatio

You're welcome
Devils is only sarcastic when someone replies to him that is not worth addressing seriously.

When the post reeks of condenscencion, is implicitly offending...it’s usually telling.

Last edited:

Neymessi

What post are you talking about? I quoted your reply to Devils' post. Which compared certain aspects of Pep's City to Valverde's Barca job.

City's rivals were as mediocre or worse last season.

I don't agree we were boring, but that has to do with personal preferences. Pep's City plays entertaining football.

Where do you rank City's squad?

Joan

Where do you rank City's squad?
It's a tough question. Based on what criteria? Quality-wise, they're close to the top. They've got good depth. I don't mind your opinion, at all. Might even be right. Looking at the first 11, I'd fancy Barca's options. The problem is that the absolute ranking (if there even is one) tells little. Liverpool, for instance, with what I'd call a worse squad, could beat both Barca and City and leave nobody surprised.

Neymessi

It's a tough question. Based on what criteria? Quality-wise, they're close to the top. They've got good depth. I don't mind your opinion, at all. Might even be right. Looking at the first 11, I'd fancy Barca's options. The problem is that the absolute ranking (if there even is one) tells little. Liverpool, for instance, with what I'd call a worse squad, could beat both Barca and City and leave nobody surprised.

I disagree with nothing you said here. If it's the starting 11 I would say ours is better too and I was talking about the entire squad back then.

I also agree the squad quality doesn't decide matches (said that a lot actually in my previous posts when others said why doesn't manc reach semis).

So I never said anything about City that you think I did except for a subjective opinion that they have the best squad.

Horatio

You're welcome
:lol:

Had a totally different post when you posted originally and then spent 15 mins in pain to come up with a clever reply and edited it :lol:

This alone is satisfactory enough for me to not retaliate

You retaliated though.

Whereas you refrained from responding to the other one.

Satisfsctory indeed.

Neymessi

You retaliated though.

Whereas you refrained from responding to the other one.

Satisfsctory indeed.

Haha. No I didn't. I just let it be known about your painful 15 minutes to everyone.

Only if your humor was as sporadic and efficient as your taste buds :lol::lol:

George_Costanza

I can understand why people don’t like them and I understand all of their complaints. But the same way I understand those people fail to put things into perspective and are looking for instant gratification.

Its a glass half full half empty type of thing. Yes we could be playing a more enjoyable style and have the same good results. We could also equally be playing a more enjoyable style and drop more points or play a less enjoyable style and also drop more points. The results are there, the players seem to respect the coach so I respect that. At the same time I am patient and see what the future holds in terms of playing style with new acquisitions.

I have posted before that a lot of people here opted for differenent coaches (someone else actually listed the names of those coaches recently) and all those coaches seem to be failing with their current project or have been sacked. And no, Barcelona is not a team that could perform on its own without a coach. That some people actually believe that stuff is baffling.

"Could this and could that but let us play it safe", No muss, no fuss, no risk, no obligation, no down payment seems your philosophy in life, being a risk-averse, which is fine and I respect that, but don't impose this philosophy of yours in a beautiful game called football. Do players respect EV? I'm not sure about it entirely, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe some do respect him, while others don't. Who knows? I'm sure a risk-averse person like you will never disrespect his boss publicly, don't you agree? Beside when shits hit the fan, you will see people are more willing to say things, like the Roma game when players like Iniesta, Pique, and Busquets questioned the manager. Never happened with any other Barca manager except once, when Xavi questioned Tata.

This could be rare but I have never seen fans who are so devoted to a manager like some here with Valverde, this is unprecedented phenomena should be studied. :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
"Could this and could that but let us play it safe", No muss, no fuss, no risk, no obligation, no down payment seems your philosophy in life, being a risk-averse, which is fine and I respect that, but don't impose this philosophy of yours in a beautiful game called football. Do players respect EV? I'm not sure about it entirely, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe some do respect him, while others don't. Who knows? I'm sure a risk-averse person like you will never disrespect his boss publicly, don't you agree? Beside when shits hit the fan, you will see people are more willing to say things, like the Roma game when players like Iniesta, Pique, and Busquets questioned the manager. Never happened with any other Barca manager except once, when Xavi questioned Tata.

This could be rare but I have never seen fans who are so devoted to a manager like some here with Valverde, this is unprecedented phenomena should be studied. :lol:

I am with a hot Venezolana. Pardon me if I don’t have the energy to respond elaborately.

Home of Barca Fans