Ernesto Valverde - V1

Neymessi

Lol.

Same could be said about your boy Pep when he arrived at City. Only he manages to regress them in the CL and has only managed managed to match previous managers in the league. Whereas EV has shown complete DOMINANCE in the league + CDR and managed to elevate us in the CL this season.

Did Pep lose a world class player like Neymar when he came to City and manage to rebuild perfectly? Did Pep manage to win the League over a historic European team like Valverde did going against Real Madrid?

DON Valverde has not only managed to make us WIN more but he has also made us MORE DIFFICULT TO BEAT.

GOAT MANAGER, dawg.

We're winning so much, I'm getting TIRED of all this winning.

Lol

It's funny how EV apologists keep repeating the same shit as counter-arguments. "You are just spoilt" "He gets results" blah blah

It may sound very tough to digest by you and most forum members here and I expect a defensive response to this, but getting a potential 198 points in 2 seasons in EPL by winning both is way more impressive than what EV has done here. Not to say that EV has a bad record stats wise, but he has so many misleading wins to his name thanks to Messi and the biggest factor that we had really average rival sides aka RM and Atletico. Let's not pretend they are anywhere near a top team this season or the last. And also you will say that RM won the CL last season but once again let's not pretend they were not horseshit last season in the league.

Your posting in Caps also makes you look pretty juvenile.

Also, the fact that you compare him to pep shows how clueless you are. And on the contrary by posting the "results" comparison of both managers you just prove my point rather than countering it ie this is not how you judge managers as results can be misleading.

Also, pep has regressed them in CL whereas EV has elevated us? How exactly? Why am I even asking, its because we are in the semis and they aren't? Once again, results. First of all, let me inform you this is his 2nd season in CL and his first was thoroughly disastrous there, and he made us look like fucking idiots, so pep wins there comfortably. They went out to Liverpool and we went out to Roma. Now this season they are eliminated, but if you look at the 2nd leg vs. spurs you could see they were far from a joke, and their team is really really good. They got eliminated, but they are definitely a top top team still. Now let's talk about us. Apart from the Spurs game I haven't seen anything uplifting and reassuring this season in the CL. We defeated Lyon and Manu who have lost 7 in their last 9 games and even against Manu we were from great and once again the 4-0 is so misleading. Just like last season against Chelsea, it was a pretty mediocre team performance combined with luck (more last year than this), so let's not pretend that EV has fucking elevated us to glory even if you are looking at it results-wise. If we go through against Liverpool somehow with a mediocre performance then you can say he elevated us in CL but now? No thanks.

There are two possibilities with your statement

1) city do indeed have the best squad, in which case pep is a failure, not even reaching semis
2) city’s squad is overrated, not the “best”

You are naive if you think these are the only two possibilities that exist.

Maybe you did not read the small lesson of probability that I gave. You can have the best squad and still not win it, or reach high stages in CL. E.g. us in 10 and 12 when we got eliminated at semis. Now you will say at least we reached the semis but what if we drew Chelsea and Inter that season in quarters? Also, RM has won 3 Cls back to back and they never really were anywhere THAT good. So it’s all about probability, you may be great but still lose and you may not be all that and still win.

So here is a 3rd possibility - You can have the best or 2nd best squad alongside a really good manager and still not win the CL.

Would you say that our opponents during Pep were stronger?

La Liga:
Pep: Real strong, Atletico non-existent
EV: good Real and Atletico

Champions league:
Pep: strong opponents: Real, Man Utd, Bayern, Chelsea, Inter
Non existent or almost non-existent: Atletico, Psg, Juventus, City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Roma.

Strong opponents during EV: Real, Atletico, Juve, Bayern, Psg, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Roma.

Thoroughly misleading post. RM and Atletico aren't anywhere near a top team this season or the last. The competition under Mou was simply better even without atletico.

Only winning the triplete means being a good coach ? how many good coaches are there in the world then ?

No one said that. Cliched argument.

You can say also winning 2 CL in 4 years with the probably best squad ever in football under pep, is nothing special considering what zidane did. Legaue also, only rival was real while atletico was mid table club, nothing impressive there.

And that is why no one considers Zidane a better manager than pep, because they look past stats.

that's why people take everything for granted with this barcelona team. i remember the gaspart days when we were shite :lol:

Another cliched argument. We were shite in the Gaspart days because our team wasn't all that then. Now we have a powerhouse of a team and we expect higher.

Devils

Lol

It's funny how EV apologists keep repeating the same shit as counter-arguments. "You are just spoilt" "He gets results" blah blah

It may sound very tough to digest by you and most forum members here and I expect a defensive response to this, but getting a potential 198 points in 2 seasons in EPL by winning both is way more impressive than what EV has done here. Not to say that EV has a bad record stats wise, but he has so many misleading wins to his name thanks to Messi and the biggest factor that we had really average rival sides aka RM and Atletico. Let's not pretend they are anywhere near a top team this season or the last. And also you will say that RM won the CL last season but once again let's not pretend they were not horseshit last season in the league.

Your posting in Caps also makes you look pretty juvenile.

Also, the fact that you compare him to pep shows how clueless you are. And on the contrary by posting the "results" comparison of both managers you just prove my point rather than countering it ie this is not how you judge managers as results can be misleading.

Also, pep has regressed them in CL whereas EV has elevated us? How exactly? Why am I even asking, its because we are in the semis and they aren't? Once again, results. First of all, let me inform you this is his 2nd season in CL and his first was thoroughly disastrous there, and he made us look like fucking idiots, so pep wins there comfortably. They went out to Liverpool and we went out to Roma. Now this season they are eliminated, but if you look at the 2nd leg vs. spurs you could see they were far from a joke, and their team is really really good. They got eliminated, but they are definitely a top top team still. Now let's talk about us. Apart from the Spurs game I haven't seen anything uplifting and reassuring this season in the CL. We defeated Lyon and Manu who have lost 7 in their last 9 games and even against Manu we were from great and once again the 4-0 is so misleading. Just like last season against Chelsea, it was a pretty mediocre team performance combined with luck (more last year than this), so let's not pretend that EV has fucking elevated us to glory even if you are looking at it results-wise. If we go through against Liverpool somehow with a mediocre performance then you can say he elevated us in CL but now? No thanks.

You are naive if you think these are the only two possibilities that exist.

Maybe you did not read the small lesson of probability that I gave. You can have the best squad and still not win it, or reach high stages in CL. E.g. us in 10 and 12 when we got eliminated at semis. Now you will say at least we reached the semis but what if we drew Chelsea and Inter that season in quarters? Also, RM has won 3 Cls back to back and they never really were anywhere THAT good. So it’s all about probability, you may be great but still lose and you may not be all that and still win.

So here is a 3rd possibility - You can have the best or 2nd best squad alongside a really good manager and still not win the CL.

Thoroughly misleading post. RM and Atletico aren't anywhere near a top team this season or the last. The competition under Mou was simply better even without atletico.

No one said that. Cliched argument.

And that is why no one considers Zidane a better manager than pep, because they look past stats.

Another cliched argument. We were shite in the Gaspart days because our team wasn't all that then. Now we have a powerhouse of a team and we expect higher.

I have a STANDARD OPERATING POLICY on here where I REFUSE to READ or ADDRESS posts over 20 lines long which includes paragraphing.

In summary, I will just assume you simply do not understand football enough to articulate yourself in 20 lines or less.

Better luck next time, DAWG.

FCBfan22

Adding the ‘without an embarrassing exit’ condition to me just sounds like an excuse to provide people leeway to @&€” on Valverde either way. What to you might be an embarrassing exit might not be to others.

There are 2 types of embarassing exits for me:

a) Getting smashed with 3+ goals on aggregate.

b) Roma II, AKA blowing a 3+ goal lead.

Those are the only 2 scenarios I would call embarassing exit. I always said that.

Here, you have it. If one of those 2 doesn't happen, I will give him credit, Origami.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Impressive result but I would say "Barcelona only lost 3 games in 72 league games." NOT Valverde, Valverde is a small part of the equation. The equation in order of importance: Messi+10 players+Valverde= Results.

The next 2 weeks will decide the fate of EV. Next year CL will be more difficult for us Messi a year older, Suarez along with other seniors will decline even more, youngsters/new signings might take some time to adjust knowing that EV isn't the best coach to work with youngsters. PSG and City will spend big to make up for their failures, Real is back with Zidane voodoo witchcraft and 500m to spend. Liverpool getting closer and closer to win the CL.

Like Elves song, It's now or never!

He already extended his contract? His fate has already been decided????

No other manager in barca has better results than him. So yes he is a big part of it. Also by many here, all our regulars are shit players compared to our "prime" with pep, and still he has a better track-record. Hmmm

Devils

No other manager in barca has better results than him. So yes he is a big part of it. Also by many here, all our regulars are shit players compared to our "prime" with pep, and still he has a better track-record. Hmmm

Yup.

It's nothing short of incredible what GOATverde has done here.

Neymessi

I have a STANDARD OPERATING POLICY on here where I REFUSE to READ or ADDRESS posts over 20 lines long which includes paragraphing.

In summary, I will just assume you simply do not understand football enough to articulate yourself in 20 lines or less.

Better luck next time, DAWG.

No idea how to say this politely, but your posts give the impression that you are retarded. You may not be, but your posts just give an impression they are written by one.

Also, my reply is big because I have addressed multiple posts and your addressal is less than 20 and even if it is more than 20 its laughable that you give that excuse :lol:

Probably getting battered by my arguments blew the wind out of your juvenile ass

Devils

No idea how to say this politely, but your posts give the impression that you are retarded. You may not be, but your posts just give an impression they are written by one.

Also, my reply is big because I have addressed multiple posts and your addressal is less than 20 and even if it is more than 20 its laughable that you give that excuse :lol:

Probably getting battered by my arguments blew the wind out of your juvenile ass

It's STANDARD OPERATING POLICY, dawg. I do not READ posts over 20 lines in length.

You try so hard to insult and argue but I'm too occupied being HAPPY WINNING under GOATverde to divert my attention to your HATING and CRYING. I have no time to deal, read or address CHILDISH PEA-BRAINED TANTRUMS, dawg.

Cule4life

The Culest
The Valverde complaining can get a bit much but then we have gems like "La liga has never been more competitive" from the other side :lol:

George_Costanza

hey crackhead, Maradona as a coach, had a record win% managing Argentina NT, better than Menotti, Carlos Bilardo, and Bielsa, does this "better track-record" makes him better than those legend managers or can he be compared to them?

Joan

Also, pep has regressed them in CL whereas EV has elevated us? How exactly? Why am I even asking, its because we are in the semis and they aren't? Once again, results. First of all, let me inform you this is his 2nd season in CL and his first was thoroughly disastrous there...
Shall I remind you that this is Pep's third season in charge? Lost to Monaco, Liverpool and Spurs.
so pep wins there comfortably
QF and SF in 2 years 'comfortably >' 3 QF in 3 years :lol:

That you think their squad is the best in the world makes it even worse. Laland.

A few more things.

What you find impressive is subjective. No value in an argument. Furthermore, you keep talking about no competition Valverde faced last season... who did Pep beat to the title last season? 1. Man City 100 points 2. Man Utd 81 point. Mourinho's Man United. Not to mention that you keep ignoring the fact that our last Liga campaign was not a walk in the park, especially not before the match against Atletico.

This has nothing to do with downplaying Pep's successes with Man City, btw.

Home of Barca Fans