Ernesto Valverde - V1

Leong157

The slow ass possession game was down to him, IMO. I feel like EV just doesn't want to take any risk and also can't park the bus cuz we are FCB. Here was the result. Just keeping passing to make sure oppoenent doesn't get the ball and score....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, but he made a step back and went with Lucho's 4-3-3. Manager needs to evolve the playstile of the club, not take steps back.

Yeah, I know. Commented on the chat it's same disjointed Lucho's 4-3-3 that failed to work in 2016.

What made him think it'll work now?

FCBfan22

Yeah, I know. Commented on the chat it's same disjointed Lucho's 4-3-3 that failed to work in 2016.

What made him think it'll work now?

The simple fact is that when Messi drifts centrally/drops deep, our RCM needs to cover RW in that Luchoesque 4-3-3. That results in disjointed midfield play.

I think the way forward now would be to play Messi centrally in 4-3-3, with Dembele/Malcom/Coutinho on the wings and order either Vidal or Rakitić to move up and act as a striker when Messi drops deep.

FCBfan22

Actually, thinking now, I remember how we were excited when we saw that the midfield 3 was much more compact last season than under Lucho.

Now with putting Messi on RW, he just destroyed that compactness again and our midfielders are all over the place.

Givenchy

sad to say but im expecting more of the same from this clown. just hope we don't lose any promising players before we get rid of him

Joan

It was a preseason game but still, can't continue like tonight. Midfield's not working, FBs push high, too easy to counter our not-so-solid defense. What I don't like is us playing that high up the pitch, we are terribly slow and short, what's the point attacking parked buses? (1) defense (2) gameplan. Tough job in front of him.

Home of Barca Fans