Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

LeeRomeno

Valverdes treatment on this forum was not really proportional. All this talk about cult is ridiculous, as far as I understand, majority of the people just disliked him being singled out as the main culprit of our misfortunes, not to mention ridiculed with thread names etc.
I never considered him to be some magical coach, his gamestyle was rather boring and he made questionable choices in man-management, at the same time, due to past success, most of fans, at least here expect us to win treble each season with playing divine football and if this does not happen, usually very selected scapegoats are chosen. He delivered us 2 ligas, but was not the inspirational coach that could have brought light to players eyes after that dreadful Roma first half. Instead he choked and was clueless and that also was the foundation of our humiliations in CL away games in next 2 seasons. But he did realize our capabilities and did our best to deliver the trophies we did get. It was not his fault the board direction was to milk the current generation as long as possible and bring in Galactico signings and random signings (like Malcom), who he never really needed or suited our style.
As this season has shown, the blame spreads out to players, him, board etc, but for some reason, he still continues to be only one with insulting thread here. Nothing for Barto, nothing for players. Only poor retardo still.

Porque

Apparently Setien checked out and gave up giving team talks and analysis.

Valverde would never!

What's the problem? Amigos thought they knew best. 8-2 say it, but they didn't.

Setien's ultimate chess move. Sacrificed his King to get checkmate.

Messigician

Missing you right now Mister. With you it seemed like everything would be alright. You gave us hope for the treble each season. You made me proud to be a Barcelona fan. Gracias

Messigician

Can't be worse than no titles and humiliated in CL again. We'll be fine.

No titles, humiliated in the league and a group stage exit.

If you think this isn't possible wait until we lineup with Coutinho Martinez Griezmann
FDJ Busquets Pjanic
Alba Lenglet Pique Semedo
Mats

Home of Barca Fans