Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

kattanib

If I want to piss in my own house, I piss in my own house. A neighbor who enters into my own house and tells me do not piss here piss there is an intruder. He can secretly spy on me while I am pissing without me knowing, but the moment he gets the audacity to tell me what to do and not do in my own house then he is an intruder.

I have the right to feel safe and walk naked in my own house, home is a place you go to relax from the external world. Neighbors have their own homes, and when they enter my home they are guests. Guests can keep their own opinions to themselves in my home.

Morten

If I want to piss in my own house, I piss in my own house. A neighbor who enters into my own house and tells me do not piss here piss there is an intruder. He can secretly spy on me while I am pissing without me knowing, but the moment he gets the audacity to tell me what to do and not do in my own house then he is an intruder.

I have the right to feel safe and walk naked in my own house, home is a place you go to relax from the external world. Neighbors have their own homes, and when they enter my home they are guests. Guests can keep their own opinions to themselves in my home.

This place isnt your home, and i say what i want, thank you very much.

Also, you said "i wont waste a breath talking to you", well, nothing is stopping you from just ignoring me.

Move along now.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Think Luis Enrique era started our downfall and chain-reaction of poor transfers which in turn led to holding on to the core players that were still deemed good enough(bad transfers made them look that way), give them ridiculous salaries and extensions. We have some good youngsters but they gonna need more time.

KingLeo10

[MENTION=4178]Richard.H[/MENTION]

another gem here from the one and only kattanib :lol:

ItachiXXX

Valverde was the worst thing that happened to Barca over the past decade.. the guy had no dignity and self respect ... no respect to the club style of play and future. Simply playing the same old players over and over again in the ugliest possible way in order to gain 3 points :puke:
Winning with club de amigos >>>> Losing with youngsters, beautiful football and whinning forum de amigos

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Board had little to no direction in 2017 after Lucho left. Our rebuilding phase should have really started there..we horribly managed neymars money and we had EV who gave us a bland 4-4-2. We set ourselves back so many years by having EV and certain senior players overstaying their welcome.

khaled_a_d

EV was hired as someone who gives trust to youth and to be able to retool Barca. That was his pre-Barca reputation

The idea that a core of Neymar (25) Verratti as new signing (24) Umtiti (24) MATS (23) will be able to take the torch from aging squad. With young players like Denis or Gomes flourishing under him.
On paper, if those 4 was healthy and was in the squad, that is one of hell of a group to support 28-30 Alba-Pique-Busquets-Suarez-Messi-Rakitic

We end up not signing Verratti and losing Neymar while signing bums like Semedo, Dembele, Coutinho, and Umtiti losing his knee after less than a year. With Gomes and co proving they are hopeless case.

After that Neymar debacle, and RM having their best time, Roberto Fernandez was sidelined, his vision wasn't there and we had a change in priority: win at all cost, buy us some trophies.
And he has done what he asked to do. But naturally it came with a cost, you can't win with a squad that lacked any sporting vision when it was built, while playing an entertaining football or giving young guys (that lacks quality) during same time.
Non of the young players he dismissed proved him wrong, and the board continued to fool itself that everything was alright since we are winning the league.
They were too afraid of change, since they aren't capable of doing it right. Even when other goid squads exposed us badly, like in Anfield
If it wasn't for a pandemic related financial crisis, an historic defeat, they might haven't even encouraged change last summer

Messigician

EV was hired as someone who gives trust to youth and to be able to retool Barca. That was his pre-Barca reputation

The idea that a core of Neymar (25) Verratti as new signing (24) Umtiti (24) MATS (23) will be able to take the torch from aging squad. With young players like Denis or Gomes flourishing under him.
On paper, if those 4 was healthy and was in the squad, that is one of hell of a group to support 28-30 Alba-Pique-Busquets-Suarez-Messi-Rakitic

We end up not signing Verratti and losing Neymar while signing bums like Semedo, Dembele, Coutinho, and Umtiti losing his knee after less than a year. With Gomes and co proving they are hopeless case.

After that Neymar debacle, and RM having their best time, Roberto Fernandez was sidelined, his vision wasn't there and we had a change in priority: win at all cost, buy us some trophies.
And he has done what he asked to do. But naturally it came with a cost, you can't win with a squad that lacked any sporting vision when it was built, while playing an entertaining football or giving young guys (that lacks quality) during same time.
Non of the young players he dismissed proved him wrong, and the board continued to fool itself that everything was alright since we are winning the league.
They were too afraid of change, since they aren't capable of doing it right. Even when other goid squads exposed us badly, like in Anfield
If it wasn't for a pandemic related financial crisis, an historic defeat, they might haven't even encouraged change last summer

Good analysis.

Nazario1985

There is literally people who thinks playing well and loosing is better than wining at all costs.

I got a team for you who plays spectacularly and win shit : Las Palmas ... trust me they are entertaining.

Catta

There is literally people who thinks playing well and loosing is better than wining at all costs.

I got a team for you who plays spectacularly and win shit : Las Palmas ... trust me they are entertaining.

There are some fans who watch football for entertainment. If it's all about trophies, then go and support Real Madrid.

Yes winning is great, I am more happy when Barca wins games and trophies, but in the end the most important thing for me is to relax watching a great game. For example, with EV, Barca was winning the league and most games, but what do I have from it when the football was boring, I fell asleep watching 90% of games under EV.

ItachiXXX

There are some fans who watch football for entertainment. If it's all about trophies, then go and support Real Madrid.

Yes winning is great, I am more happy when Barca wins games and trophies, but in the end the most important thing for me is to relax watching a great game. For example, with EV, Barca was winning the league and most games, but what do I have from it when the football was boring, I fell asleep watching 90% of games under EV.

Do you actually think players specially Messi rather have an entertaining football for entitled forum de amigos but losing instead of winning at all cost and bring trophies to the club ? I think you need to follow other low tier teams instead.

Home of Barca Fans