Erling Braut Haaland

Rory

Will come down to who can offer more money, can't see how that could be us. We'd need to sell several players but then all other clubs would know we're trying to raise funds for Haaland so would just bid cheap. The barto effect

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hindsight is great but I don't see how Haaland looks a better fit than any of those mentioned did.

There were many more before them as well who were hailed then cursed soon.

Generally, I'd say at least half of big signings we've made were flops.

Andresito

Staff member
Most likely an early meeting to see where everyone stands.

Raiola and Alf deep down probably know that some other club will cough up the most cash. This media attention will force others (like City) to act.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man City can offer the most money. They have no limitations.

But I still think Barca and Real Madrid will be the more interesting projects and attractive destinations for him.

Man City's project is Pep Guardiola and how long do we honestly think he'll stay there? Two more years?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not much yet. Will probably be more leaks soon though.

Some details were talked about in TV3's program Onze.

https://twitter.com/esport3/status/1377188804193255426

https://www.ccma.cat/esport3/la-nov...economica-pitjor-del-previst/noticia/3086632/

A whopping 350m loss for this season?? :scared: How is that even possible? Matchday typically gets us around 150m-160m, that is all gone I understand but where did the other 200m come from? We stopped receiving money from our sponsors and major reduction in broadcast revenue etc.?

And this is all after we already slashed some expenses like wages etc. Astoundingly sad news.

DonAK

A whopping 350m loss for this season?? :scared: How is that even possible? Matchday typically gets us around 150m-160m, that is all gone I understand but where did the other 200m come from? And this is all after we already slashed some expenses like wages etc. Astoundingly sad news.

Who knows what Barto and his goons were up to.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will come down to who can offer more money, can't see how that could be us. We'd need to sell several players but then all other clubs would know we're trying to raise funds for Haaland so would just bid cheap. The barto effect

Don't think so. Player will decide where he wants to go. If Dortmund rejects, it will be next summer. Don't think Haaland is in a rush anyway. Lewa might be on his way out in 2022 as well.

Rory

Don't think so. Player will decide where he wants to go. If Dortmund rejects, it will be next summer. Don't think Haaland is in a rush anyway. Lewa might be on his way out in 2022 as well.

I don't know, he's young and his agent is Raiola. I'd be incredibly surprised if that meant he didn't go wherever Raiola wants him to go (following the money). Love to be wrong about this though!

DonAK

I don't know, he's young and his agent is Raiola. I'd be incredibly surprised if that meant he didn't go wherever Raiola wants him to go (following the money). Love to be wrong about this though!

Pogba went to Man Utd of his own volition against Raiola's advice. The player will still decide where he want to go. Raiola will get his money anyway.

Porque

A whopping 350m loss for this season?? :scared: How is that even possible? Matchday typically gets us around 150m-160m, that is all gone I understand but where did the other 200m come from? We stopped receiving money from our sponsors and major reduction in broadcast revenue etc.?

And this is all after we already slashed some expenses like wages etc. Astoundingly sad news.

That's worrying. You wouldn't expect broadcast rights/fees to go down as without match attendance viewing figures would go up.

I did read that some sponsors like Rakuten have reduced what we were due to receive because of certain clauses however.

Rory

Pogba went to Man Utd of his own volition against Raiola's advice. The player will still decide where he want to go. Raiola will get his money anyway.

Not trying to be rude but I feel like that's a poor example. Went for a massive fee, on huge wages to one of the biggest revenue clubs in the world. Seems like money to me

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's worrying. You wouldn't expect broadcast rights/fees to go down as without match attendance viewing figures would go up.

I did read that some sponsors like Rakuten have reduced what we were due to receive because of certain clauses however.

Yeah, Rakuten screwed us over and is only paying us 30m (as opposed to 55m) for the last year on their contract with us, citing COVID and Messi's potential departure (as some suspected). Beko as well. Not just for us, in general the money received from sponsorship deals went down because of COVID for most clubs.

Broadcasting revenue did go down because of COVID as many rightsholders sought to renegotiate the amount because of the lack of games played last season (in France for example), not sure what exactly the impact is for La Liga. Our early exit from the CL this season doesn't help either.

Still I didn't expect a loss of 350m (not just reduction of revenue of 350m but a loss after factoring in our expenses). Too much. My head hurts.

Home of Barca Fans